Capoeira is an amazing workout for powerful people.
Capoeira is not just a dance, but a real art. And everyone will be able to master it, if, of course, they try and make efforts.
What it is?
Capoeira is the national martial art of Brazil, which combines elements of the game, wrestling, dance and even acrobatics. All movements are performed under the rhythmic Brazilian music, and the result is a stunning energetic mix!
It is worth noting that although elements of combat are present, contacts between partners are reduced to nothing, since low positions prevail, simulated kicks, acrobatic techniques, as well as all kinds of sweeps. But when one dancer allegedly attacks, the other dodges in every possible way, the result is a stunningly beautiful duel. But in order to achieve this, all receptions must be coordinated and coordinated.
How did it appear?
The history of the emergence and development of capoeira goes back to the XVIII century, but it is believed that it originated much earlier.If you believe the most common and generally accepted version, then this art originated in South America, and thanks to the black slaves who were brought from the colonies of Guinea, Congo, Mozambique and Angola by the Portuguese.
At that time they were treated extremely cruelly, and they were forced to flee. The fugitives organized whole free cities (quilombush), in which often bright and original African culture faced the more measured Indian. And they danced to entertain and keep fit. So capoeira appeared.
There are various information about the origin of the first dances. So, some believe that they belong to the subculture of national African dance. Initially, there were no combat moves in capoeira. But others believe that the basis of art was the African national martial dance “Ngolo”, which was an integral part of the initiation rite in the southern regions of Angola.
The young warriors who fought each other, depicted zebras. Anyway, the origins of capoeira have always been associated with the name of the legendary hero Zumbi, who for the Brazilian people has become a symbol of resistance.
As for the name, there are also several versions.According to one of them, from the Indian language Tupi, it is translated as “a field overgrown with shrubs and cleared by cutting or burning out”. Probably, the interpretation is relevant, because the dances were necessary playgrounds, and they probably had to be cleared.
According to another version, in Portuguese “capoeira” is a “cage for chickens”. But there is a third version, and its supporters believe that the name is a distorted pronunciation of the words "kipula" and "kipura", which can be translated from the language of kikongo as "fight" and "flit from place to place."
By the way, there was a time when capoeira was forbidden by law, and therefore for some time it went underground.
After the military coup that occurred in Brazil in 1930 and completely changed the political situation, capoeira was recognized by law and began to develop more actively. And so there were several branches, each of which can be considered an independent direction.
So, the main famous styles of capoeira:
- Capoeira Regional. In 1932, the first officially recognized capoeira school appeared, founded by Mestre Bimba (Manuel dos Reis Mishadu).And he created a new style, giving him the name "Lut Regional Bayan" or shortly "Capoeira Regional". He managed to systematize the experience of pre-existing illegal schools and improve teaching techniques. As a result, a special technique was developed. Also, there were whole complexes of movements, attacks and counterattacks with their feet.
- Capoeira Angola. The second important person in the history of the development of art was Mestre Pastinha (Vicente Ferreira Pastinha). He opened his school in 1941. And his style was called "Angola" in honor of the place from which slaves who had invented the dance were brought. Although this direction appeared later Regional, it assumed the use of the foundations of art, that is, bundles and movements characteristic of African national dances.
- Capoeira Contemporanea is a so-called mixed or universal style that combines elements of both Angola and Regional.
It is worth noting that it is very and very difficult to distinguish between styles, even an experienced master, because some movements and elements are inherent in all directions, while others are constantly being improved.
What is useful training? Capoeira has many undeniable advantages:
- Training will help get rid of excess weight and make the body more prominent and attractive.
- Classes are useful for everyone: for men, women and even for children. And although some movements are complex, capoeira is suitable even for people with virtually no physical training.
- Your body will become flexible, because in capoeira there are stretching exercises.
- Training is good for health, they improve the functioning of the cardiovascular, respiratory and other systems.
- Coordination improves, memory and logical thinking are trained, because every movement must be thought out and planned.
- It's just fun and enjoyable! You'll see, after class you will feel a surge of energy, and your mood will improve.
- It is not very expensive. Lessons cost about the same as other sports.
- No extras required, no gear needed. You can do anywhere at any time.
- Capoeira is a new interesting acquaintance!
There are very few minuses. These include a small number of vocational schools, as well as the danger of certain movements.
How are the workouts?
Immediately it is worth noting that all lessons are very vigorous, at a fairly fast pace.The movements are performed under the national Brazilian music, sometimes invited musicians who play the national musical instruments (although it is quite possible to pick up and rhythmic modern compositions).
Training includes a variety of wrestling techniques, dance steps and even acrobatic stunts (they can only be performed by experienced capoeira players). The game, which is conducted remotely and eliminates any direct and close contact of the dancers, includes a whole arsenal of movements, such as various supports, sweeps, throws, jumps, elements of protection.
When one partner attacks, the other defends. As a result, the dance should look harmonious and dynamic at the same time, so that all elements are performed fairly quickly.
First, the coach helps to master the basic elements, they are the base of capoeira. Further, they are connected into whole bundles and chains. Then the game is worked out with a partner, interaction with it in dynamics.
What is required to start classes?
To start a full study, you should first find a suitable school and enroll in it. Unfortunately, there are not so many professional and experienced trainers, and often capoeira is taught in fitness centers and presented as a fitness direction.
For training it will take a little.First, it is your attitude. Be prepared to do your best and work hard. Secondly, it is clothing. It is not necessary to acquire a special form, any free items will do. And from the shoes can be completely abandoned, without it to do much more convenient.
Start training and master this art!
How to remove yellow hair
How to protect your home from pigeons
Is it possible to glue false nails on glue moment
How to clean the emerald
Who are the Pechenegs
How to wash stains from gouache