Easter cake for Easter
Easter is the great holy feast of the Resurrection of Christ. In our country, Easter is celebrated by almost everyone, even the most avid atheists. Every family cooks cakes and dyes eggs, but not everyone knows why these products symbolize a holiday.
Why do they paint eggs for Easter?
The tradition of painting eggs came to us from ancient Roman times. It was customary to bring gifts to the emperor Tiberius, addressing him with some kind of petition. The rich bore gold bullion, jewelry and other expensive items. The poor could only give the emperor what was on the farm.
Mary Magdalena came to the emperor to report the resurrection of Christ, with a white chicken egg, and gave it to him with the words: "Christ is Risen!". Tiberius did not take such a statement seriously and said that he would not believe it if the egg did not immediately turn red. And so it happened - the egg immediately turned red, and the emperor exclaimed: "Truly Risen!"
Since those times, people began to paint eggs. Now they use different palettes, but the symbolic color remains red.
Why is baking Easter cakes made for Easter?
You already know where the tradition to paint eggs came from, and now we’ll tell you why Easter cakes are baked.
Legend has it that after His resurrection, Jesus Christ personally appeared at the apostles' meal. Since then, the apostles laid a piece of white bread in a separate place on the table. Baked baking on the basis of yeast, eggs, cottage cheese and milk. Top baking decorated with a cross.
In modern kitchen there are many types of Easter cakes. Mistresses prefer to add cinnamon, raisins, poppy seeds or even berries to the dough. Each recipe has its own characteristics: someone likes baking in butter, and someone adds cream. For example, the Italian cake panetton (panettone) is baked with the addition of candied fruits, nuts and dried fruits.
Easter cake: a recipe
Today we offer to bake classic cottage cheese Easter cake. The main condition for cooking traditional Easter cake is cottage cheese in composition and icing on top. Cooking cakes can be in a high silicone form or in small ones for muffins. It all depends on you and your imagination. We propose to make Easter cake for the bread maker.
- milk - 100 ml
- eggs - 2 pieces
- soft cottage cheese 5% fat - 140 g
- salt - 0.5 h.l.
- yeast - 1.5 tsp.
- wheat flour - 0.5 kg
- sugar - 90 g
- cognac - 2 tsp.
- Sift the flour twice. It is necessary to saturate it with oxygen. Baking get more lush.
- According to the instructions of your bread maker, put all the ingredients in it. Do not forget that in some models, solid products are initially bookmarked or vice versa - liquid and bulk.
After the finished cake is cool, you can decorate it with icing and Easter edible decorations.
Recipe for the Monastery Cake
Monastic cakes are incredibly aromatic and savory. This baking is kneaded by hand, and then baked on a baking sheet.
- flour of the highest grade - 15 st
- milk - 1 l
- yeast - 100 g
- egg yolk - 10 pcs
- eggs (whole) - 5 pcs.
- butter - 200 g
- sugar - 3 tablespoons
- raisins - 200 g
- salt - 1 tsp.
- almond nut - 1 tbsp
- lemon zest - ½ tsp.
- cooking oil for greasing pan
- Sift the flour several times and mix with the preheated milk and yeast. Knead the dough and leave to infuse.
- Add yolks, eggs, salt, add sugar, add zest, 100 grams of raisins and half a cup of almonds. Melt the butter in a water bath and pour it into the dough too.Knead the dough and leave it to rise.
- Then divide the dough into pieces and roll into balls. Leave some for decoration. Grease the leaf with vegetable oil and place future cakes. Leave it for some time to insist.
- Decorate the surface of the Easter cakes with dough patterns and the remaining raisins with nuts. Gently grease them with whipped egg white and send to a preheated oven. Bake over medium heat until cooked.
Cooking Sugar Icing for Easter Cake
Heat 2 tbsp of milk in a bowl and gradually add 200 grams of caster sugar to it. Stir until the mass becomes homogeneous.
To the note: cottage cheese dough goes well with raisins or dried fruits. You can add a little vanilla or vanilla sugar to add flavor. Cognac can also be replaced by vodka. Alcohol makes the dough very gentle and airy.
We wish you to bake the most delicious cakes and to please your family with a wonderful holiday dinner! Below, see the video recipe for Easter cakes.
How can sea salt be used
She put ice cubes in a pot with an orchid. A week later a miracle happened
Words that cannot be spoken in the royal family have become known