Effective and fast treatment of a cold
You have a crazy job at work, grandiose plans for the weekend, pleasant meetings with friends are coming, and all this can easily be erased by the common cold. One of its main symptoms is a runny nose, which causes great inconvenience, because in the near future your handkerchief will become your faithful companion.
Of course, a runny nose is not a disaster. You can get rid of it in two ways: with the help of familiar medications and folk remedies. Today we will tell you exactly about the second method, because drugs are the sole prerogative of medical professionals.
What is it?
A runny nose (rhinitis) is an inflammation of the nasal mucosa. It can be a symptom of the disease, or be independent. The reasons for its occurrence may be different: various bacteria and viruses (for example, streptococci), hypothermia, reduced body defenses.
At the initial stage, the mucous membrane dries out strongly and swells, so the person feels discomfort and notices that breathing becomes difficult.After the swelling passes, the secretion begins (in the common people - snot).
It is important to start the treatment of rhinitis at the initial stage, then it will be possible to cope with it in just a few days. After all, if the process is started, serious complications are possible.
How to be treated?
If the cold is already “played out”, then you can get rid of it at home in several ways. Traditional medicine will come to the rescue.
- Baths for feet. Very effective and well-known way to help quickly relieve congestion. But to make such baths is possible only in the absence of elevated temperature. In hot water, add 1 tablespoon dry mustard and the same amount of sea salt. Keep your feet in water until it begins to cool. After that, thoroughly rub them with a towel and put on warm socks. It is best to perform the procedure at night.
- Warming up At the first unpleasant sensations in the nose (dry, stuffy, itching), warming up the maxillary sinuses helps well. To do this, you can use boiled potatoes "in uniform" or an egg. One of the products must be wrapped in cotton fabric and applied to the area of the wings of the nose.Hold up until the potatoes or eggs are cooled. Also for the method of heating suitable for large table salt, which must be heated in a frying pan.
- Inhalation. Among the popular means of treatment of rhinitis folk methods have a place and inhalation. Their advantage lies in the fact that the therapeutic substances are immediately on the mucous membrane, thereby quickly removing the symptoms and improving the general condition. For the procedure, you need a container in which you need to boil water, or a special inhaler, as well as medicinal herbs or oil. Suitable: eucalyptus, calendula, chamomile, propolis. The duration of the procedure is 10-15 minutes.
Onions and garlic also have healing properties. They need to be rubbed or finely chopped, and inhaled several times a day. With antimicrobial properties, they are able to fight the main cause of rhinitis - bacteria.
Another natural assistant who knows how to quickly cope with the common cold is pine buds. They need to be poured over with water and allowed to boil for a few minutes, after which, wrapped in a towel, breathe over the infusion for 10 minutes.
- Drops. If you are a supporter of more traditional methods of treating the common cold,such as drops, it is worth knowing that you can cook them yourself, without doubting the naturalness. Here are some solutions:
- Water with salt. At 1 tbsp. water you need to take 1 tbsp of salt, stir and bury 2-3 drops in each nostril every 15-20 minutes.
- Honey solution. It has an excellent anti-inflammatory effect. For its preparation, mix honey and water in a 1: 2 ratio. But before using such a medicine, it is necessary to make sure that the patient is not allergic to bee products.
- Honey with onions. Onions for this you need to grind and pour a small amount of water, let it brew. After that, strain and mix with ½ tsp of honey.
- Beet juice. It is used when it is necessary to clear the nose and ease breathing, as well as to help in the treatment of complications (in particular, purulent secretions). But the beet juice is not scraped in its pure form. Having grated a vegetable on a grater, it is necessary to squeeze a liquid from it, let it stand for 2-3 hours at room temperature and then mix with boiled water in equal proportions. Please note that this solution sometimes causes a strong burning sensation due to certain physiological features.In this case, you can use cotton swabs that need to be saturated with beet juice and inserted into the nasal passages for half an hour.
- Butter. If the mucous in rhinitis is very dry, then you can use oil to avoid unnecessary irritation. For this fit ready-made oils of eucalyptus, fir, sea buckthorn. You can also make a mixture of onions and vegetable oil. To do this, warm up ½ tbsp. oil, add ½ finely chopped onion, let it brew for 8-10 hours and lubricate the nose 2-3 times a day.
In the case of chronic rhinitis, things are much more complicated. To understand that you have chronic rhinitis, you should pay attention to a number of symptoms:
Such a disease is much more difficult to cure, and folk methods are often powerless, and they can aggravate the situation. Therefore, chronic rhinitis requires timely medical care.
Traditional recipes are available and simple, with their help, treatment often requires less time and money. But it is worth remembering that if a runny nose does not pass more than two weeks, and a headache has also been added to the main symptoms, this is an excuse for an immediate visit to the doctor.
5 Fantastic water slides that are outlawed
How to lie and not be caught in a lie
How to fill out a customs declaration
How to get to Hong Kong
How to maintain the battery
Unusual decor with simple and inexpensive ideas