How can I close the pipes in the bathroom?
Pipes in the bathroom - this is inevitable. And if their appearance does not bother you, then try to disguise them. But how to do that?
So how can you close the pipes in the toilet? Below are several ways.
Masking in the walls
This method is chosen by many, because the pipes not only remain invisible, but also do not occupy the free space of the bathroom. But this process is quite time-consuming and complex, and also requires certain skills.
If you are not confident in your abilities, then it is better to seek the help of a professional (usually plumbers do this). If you have the necessary tools and experience in conducting such work, then everything can be done independently.
First you need to make a communication plan and make notes on the wall. It is worth remembering that between the wall and the pipes should be free space. Using a perforator, make grooves in the wall, that is, grooves.
Next put all the pipes in them and make adjustments if necessary. It is best to close the open space with the help of drywall. Measure all the strobes, transfer the measurements to the gypsum board, cut out the details and install them in the groove. Apply all joints with a putty, then proceed to the finish.
Pipes will be invisible, and this is a plus. But there is a disadvantage: installing a leak will be difficult, and if you do not do it on time, then the risk of flooding your neighbors will increase. In addition, in case of breakdowns, the structure will have to be opened.
If there are a lot of pipes (this also happens, for example, with a large number of items of sanitary ware and other appliances requiring water supply), you can close them with a false wall. The process is not easy, so it is better to entrust it to a specialist. First, he mounts the frame of metal profiles and lay all the pipes. Then the master will close all this construction with drywall.
No one will even guess that this is not a real wall, and, moreover, there are pipes hidden in it. But it is worth remembering that this design will “eat” several centimeters of space. In addition, if a pipe fails, it will have to be partially or completely dismantled.
Use of plumbing and furniture
Try to hide all the pipes behind some element of the interior, for example, behind the bathroom, behind the cabinet, cabinet, and so on. But perhaps this is not always the case. In addition, some pipes may remain visible.
The problem of pipe masking has existed for a long time, therefore many special devices have already been invented. The most popular are two:
- Plumbing closet. Such cabinets are made of MDF and look aesthetically pleasing. The doors can be opened at any time, which is especially convenient if there are valves on the pipes. And if you wish, such a cabinet can be equipped with shelves on which certain cosmetics and accessories can be stored.
- Plumbing roller shutters. It looks like a shutter, which is installed with the help of guides and closes the communication. It is very easy to open it. It is possible to make the canvas as deaf, and lattice or glass.
This method is considered one of the most common. You can make a box either from plasterboard or from plastic. The first option is stronger, but the second is much more practical. If you decide to use the panels, do not forget to pre-install the frame of the metal profile, otherwise the design will be very fragile and short-lived.
You can not mask the pipes, but turn them into a stylish and original element of decor, in the photo it looks very unusual and bright.
Some interesting ideas:
- Use for masking decorative climbing plants. Braid the whole tube with such a convolvulus so that the bathroom literally blossomed and changed.
- Color the pipes. For the decor, you can use floral, geometric, animalistic prints. For example, a pipe that is stained may look like a leopard's tail.
- Use the mosaic. It can be assembled not only from finished small parts, but also, for example, from broken glass or from old ceramic tiles. Simply cover the tube with a tile adhesive and begin to collect the pattern. Stitch the seams with a grout. When creating a pattern, use your wildest ideas!
Some useful tips:
- Do not chop off the shoulder. Think over everything well first. First of all, make a communication plan, that is, find out where and how best to arrange the pipes. It is advisable to make a drawing so that all the interior elements of the bathroom can be immediately added to it and to understand how it will look.At this stage, immediately weigh the pros and cons of each of the options and select the optimal one. Then transfer the drawing to the wall, so as not to be mistaken in the measurements.
- Before closing the pipes (especially complex and especially capital structures), make sure that they are in good condition. Seal all joints with sealant. If the pipes are not new, then it is desirable to immediately replace them.
- When choosing the most suitable method of masking, consider the size of the bathroom, as well as the particular location of the pipes. So, if the area is small, and there is a catastrophic lack of free space, then volumetric structures will be superfluous. In this case, it is better to remove all communications in the wall. You should also do in the event that a lot of pipes and they are connected in some places (you just can not close them with furniture or box). If communications are vertical, then it is advisable to choose a locker to disguise them.
- If there are valves in the communications that you use, then masking in the walls or in the box will not work, because such a construction will interfere with opening and closing taps. But it is possible to make a hole or even a door in the area where the valve is located, it is very convenient.
How tasty salted lard
Studs are not in fashion 7 pairs of slippers (not for home), which are needed by all this spring
What is the key to self confidence
What to feed the pigs