How do kanzashi?
Watch the video
Kanzashi is a hair ornament. They have long been used in Chinese and Japanese hairstyles. Now these ornaments have become very popular not only in Eastern countries, but also far beyond their borders. Kanzashi flowers can be used not only for making hair ornaments (elastics, barrettes, headbands), but also used as a decor, creating an original interior.
Today we will talk about how kanzashs are done, we will give an instruction for making this jewelry with our own hands.
Tools and materials
To make kanzashi flowers you will need:
- Satin, rep ribbon, silk of any color;
- Candle or lighter;
- Glue "Moment-gel";
- Pencil or chalk;
- Monofilament or simply durable thread;
- Beads, buttons, sequins.
It is better to start with a large ribbon measuring 5 * 5 cm, it will be easier to make flowers. Although you can choose another fabric - silk, organza. As for the glue, “Moment-gel” is best suited - it will slowly dry out, and if something does not work out the first time, you can redo it. Tweezers will need to fold the petals (although this can be done with your fingers).The thread is needed in order to sew the petals, chalk - to properly mark the fabric or tape.
How to make kanzashi flowers: instructions
Many different petals can be made from ribbons for future colors. The most common - sharp and round.
- It is necessary to cut the ribbon into identical squares.
- Then using a candle or lighter to scorch the edges so that the tape does not crumble. This should be done quickly, with a small fire so that the edges do not turn black.
- Next, you need to fold the square diagonally once.
- Then fold the resulting triangle again diagonally.
- The acute angle of the triangle, where the ends of the tape meet, needs to be slightly trimmed and soldered with a lighter. Get a sharp petal. Five or seven of these petals should be made.
- Then it is necessary to cut a small circle out of cardboard, glue it with tape with glue, and then glue the petals to the resulting circle.
- It now remains to attach the middle. To do this, stick a bead or button in the center.
- Again, cut the ribbon into squares and scorch the edges.
- Next, fold the square diagonally to form a triangle.
- Now we fold the side edges of the triangle to the middle - again we get a square.
- Then fold it in half so that the folded sides of the triangle are outside.
- We cut the tips of sharp corners and solder with a cigarette lighter.
- Make a few more petals and fold the flower.
- Petals can be collected on a string, and you can immediately stick to the base - cardboard.
From the petals that we have learned to do, you can make multi-layered flowers.For example, there will be a flower of 11 petals on the bottom, a flower of 9 petals should be glued on top, and a flower of 7 petals on the very top. Don't forget to mix colors beautifully.
These colors will make original rubber bands, hairpins, or you can attach such a flower to the bezel. There are many different colors made using the kanzashi technique.
This recipe for buns Cinnabon conquers any sweet tooth
Why not cry
How to make beautiful hands
Red horse made of thread (toy-motanka)
Carols - Russian folk Christmas songs. Texts and notes of Russian carols for Christmas for children and adults
Johnny Depp investigates murder trailer in the City of Lie
She put ice cubes in a pot with an orchid. A week later a miracle happened