How tasty salted fat?
Make a tasty, melting in the mouth fat at home is quite on the shoulder, even a novice chef. The main thing is to choose the right proportions and use large table salt. In this case, it will be easier to remove its surplus if necessary.
Another important point: the quality of raw materials. It is better to choose fresh local fat. You can easily recognize it by its translucent texture. In addition, try to press on the skin - it should be soft, then the finished fat will not be rubber. Check out several different ways to make salted lard.
How tasty salted fat in brine
You will need
- pork lard - 800 g;
- salt - 1 cup;
- water - 1 l;
- black pepper, garlic, bay leaf.
- Boil water and add salt to it. Leave the brine to cool to a temperature of 40-45 degrees.
- If a cloudy precipitate forms at the bottom of the tank with the solution, carefully pour the clean brine into another container and discard the residue.
- Cut the bacon into 7 or 10 cm portions. Rinse them thoroughly under running water.
- Place the lard in the pickle and cover it loosely with the lid. Leave to soak for 3 days. Turn the pieces every 12 hours.
- After salting, remove the finished pieces on a napkin, dry and roll in a mixture of crushed garlic and bay leaf.
- At the end, dip fat on all sides in ground black pepper.
The fat thus made is tender to the taste, evenly salted. Store the product in a can with a capron lid.
Recipe for tasty spicy lard
- onion peel;
- ground red pepper;
- Pour 7 glasses of water into a saucepan and add a glass of salt and a handful of onion peels. Wait until the water boils.
- Immerse pieces of bacon in the brine and boil for 10 minutes.
- After that, remove the pan from the heat and leave to infuse for 24 hours.
- Take out the delicacy from the pickle, dry and roll in pepper and crushed garlic.
- Wrap each piece in foil and put in the freezer for 5-6 hours. Such fat is better to eat chilled.
The product is stored in the freezer for a very long time.
How to quickly and tasty salty fat
If you are not ready to wait a day or three while the dish is marinated, use the express salting method:
- Rinse and dry small pieces of bacon with meat layer with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix in equal proportions black pepper and coarse salt.
- Put a little mixture of salt and pepper on the bottom of the jar.
- Roll each piece of bacon in the same mixture and place tightly in a jar. Layers generously sprinkle with salt.
- Boil water, add bay leaf to it.
- Fill the jars with boiling water so that the fat is completely submerged in water. Hold for 2-3 hours. After that, remove the fat.
Serve with greens, you can additionally roll the lard in any available spices.
How to pickle dry fat
This method allows you to not use brine. The advantage of this method is in the duration of the storage of the product, of the minuses: the fat will be salted in this way will be longer.
- Small pieces of fat are rolled in coarse salt and placed in glass jars. You can make a mixture of red, black pepper and salt, smear garlic lard.
- Banks roll metal lids and set upside down for several days in a room with room temperature, then turn the container. You need to do this several times.
- After about 2 weeks, banks can be stored in a refrigerator or cellar.
Such canned foods have an almost unlimited shelf life. It is important to protect banks from exposure to sunlight. After opening the cans, it is better to put the fat in plastic bags and put them in the freezer.
How to draw your class
Why give roses
What is pragmatic
Upholstered furniture for waiting areas - selection criteria
How to grow peppers quickly