How to Change the Cabin Air Filter in a Toyota
Obtain the replacement filter.You can buy one at your nearest dealership or you can shop around at an auto parts store or online.
Open the glove compartment all the way and remove the screw on the lower right side.Pull the loop from the arm over and off the cylinder where the screw was.Don't lose the screw.
- On a Highlander, you may be able to remove the loop without removing the screw, which is below and behind the glove compartment; leave the glove compartment closed while removing the loop, then open it.
Squeeze the sides of the glove compartment together and pull to move the tabs past the edges, to the front of the dash.Then lift the entire glove compartment off its hinges.
- Note that when it is too hard to push, instead of pushing both sides, you might want to try to push against the back of the glove box, while pulling on the front. This works, when squeezing the sides does not.
Remove the plastic cover by squeezing the tabs together.There are tabs on both sides, but the photo just shows one.
Slide out the old filter by pulling it towards you.Keep it facing up so that you don't spill the debris.
Insert the new filter.The arrow that says UP should be pointing up, facing you, as shown in the photo.
Snap the cover back into place.
Place the glove compartment container back on its hinges and push it in so the tabs snap back behind the dash.You may have to squeeze the sides again, as you did when you took the glove compartment out.
Replace the loop and the screw on the lower right.
QuestionHow do I find the cabin air filter in my car?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerLook in the owner's manual for the location; I believe Toyota is in the glove box.Thanks!
QuestionWhat happens when an A/C filter is bad?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf the A/C filter is bad, the ventilation will be weak, the air flow will decrease, and the noise of the flow will increase. The A/C won't work properly, and may not cool the car. If the filter is excessively damaged, the A/C might break down entirely. Check and clean filters regularly, or it might end up costing you a lot. The filters are normally located behind the glove box, they're very easy to access and clean.Thanks!
QuestionWhat is the difference between a cabin air filter and an air filter on a 2007 Camry Hybrid?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe air filter is your engine's intake, and the cabin filter is for your A.C and heater.Thanks!
QuestionHow do you remove the glove compartment for a cabin filter change?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThere should be two tabs protruding out of the back side of the glove box that prevent it from falling further out. Remove the dampener first, then simply squeeze the sides of the rear of the glove box and push down. Once you've cleared the tabs, you should be able to pull the glove box out horizontally and get to the cabin air filter that sits behind a rectangular black door.Thanks!
QuestionWhere is the cabin filter on a 2015 Toyota Corolla?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIn the rear of the glove box. It is horizontal, and you remove a protective cover by pressing tabs on either side to get to another cover. The filter is behind these.Thanks!
Where is the aircon filter for Toyota Regius 1991 and how do I access it?
Where is the cabin filter on a 2001 Toyota Corolla CE?
Where do I find the cabin air filter of wigo 2019?
How do I change the cabin filter in my car?
Insulation came out when removing the cabin filter and now I have an exhaust smell on start up. Where can I find replacement insulation?
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- In the 2009 Camry, there is no side arm screw, just squeeze the tips on the post to release.
- It a GOOD idea to leave the car ventilation in recirculate mode whenever you park since it seems that mice like to find their way into your car and make a nest on top of the filter. Recirculate mode closes the outside air entrance to the filter.
- If you suffer from allergies or live in a very dusty environment, you may wish to replace this filter more often.
- The 2009 Camry owner's manual instructs to release side tabs by pushing against the back of the glove box, while pulling on the front. This worked, when squeezing the sides did not.
- In between replacements, you could shake or vacuum the larger debris out of the filter, but it's not really designed to be reused indefinitely.
- '06 Highlander hybrid glove box's sides push inward and the box drops down far enough to get a hand in to the back to change the filter. The cap just pulls off. There are no tabs.
- This would be a great time to clean out your glove compartment, too.
- The 2011 Sienna owner's manual instructs to release side tabs by gently squeeze both sides, but it doesn't work since it is too hard to push. Instead, you might try to push against the back of the glove box, while pulling on the front. This worked for my car, when squeezing the sides did not. Good luck!
- On the '05 Prius hybrid, instead of a screw in the lower right of the glove box, there is a push-in clip. Just squeeze in the sides of the clip enough to slide the loop off. Pliers work well to squeeze this clip.
- Besides waiting for a particular mileage, consider waiting until trees near where you park are done dropping pollen, leaves, or needles for the season.
- Don't squeeze so hard on any of the plastic tabs that they break. They're reasonably sturdy, and you shouldn't need to overdo it.
Things You'll Need
Replacement air filter
Phillips head screwdriver
In other languages:
Español: , Português: , Русский: , Italiano:
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 481,741 times.
Video: How to Change a Prius Cabin Air Filter - In 5 Minutes!
ONE MEAL CONTAINS ENOUGH FAT FOR DAY
Healthy Alternatives to SummerDrinks
3-Ingredient Pineapple Skewers
How to Fix Your Internal Clock
Is It Better to Eat Before or After a Workout
Look like a leader: Buy new shoes
How to Make a Reference Page
How to Make a Camera Tube Dolly With Extendable Track
10 Photos to Keep on Your Phone
Las joyas de estas marcas españolas elevarán todos tus looks
Dior Ladies Sunglasses – 9230 – Black Golden Frame
Date: 09.12.2018, 05:08 / Views: 33164