How to create a script?
A script (scripting language - translated from English as “scripting language”) is a high-level programming language that was developed specifically for writing scripts — brief instructions for the system to perform certain actions. A script is a program that deals with ready-made software components. Mainly, scripts are used to create a dialogue with the reader of hypertext, as well as to supply sites with various "features": for example, pop-up tips or visiting counters. The script also refers to a program that automates any PC task, for example, setting up proxy server settings.
Where to begin?
The question of how to learn how to create scripts is essentially equivalent to the question of how to learn programming. In many online sources you can find articles under the heading "How to create a script", which begin with the words - "This is very simple and everyone can do it ....". But, in fact, the statement is very dubious. The main problem is the need to study the mass of commands and the internal features of the language.A simple script, of course, can be created from a template, of which there is just a mass on the network. Here, and really, anyone can handle it. For example, you can open Notepad right now and type the following text:
- WScript.Echo ("Hello!");
- text = "";
Now you need to save the file with the .js permission. How to run the script? Just double click with the mouse on the created file, and voila - a classic Windows notification window appears with the text “Hello!”. You can click on the "cross" or the "OK" button and close the script. Read more in our article How to run a script. Thus, you wrote a script and you can even now create such notification windows with any inscriptions, however you don’t understand at all what the commands mean, you just copy them. If you face the challenge, so that when you click on the "OK" button, a menu appears, you will be at a loss. If you want to write scripts, and not copy them, you will first need to learn the syntax and structure of scripting languages.
Script languages can be divided into four classes:
- command and scenario. The most famous is JCL. This group of languages is used to manage tasks in operating systems. Languages were created in the 1960s, but few work with them today.
- markup languages that allow tags to be embedded in plain text for structuring and specific dynamic behavior. The most famous is PostScript, learning it.
- universal languages most suitable for web space programming. The most popular is Tcl, we delve into its syntax.
You can find some nice script templates on the websites - and.
How to install scripts on the site? The programs with the help of which the user constructs the site may differ in the interface, however, the general scheme looks like this:
- Upload the script file in the ftp resolution to the site;
- We set the right to run the script in the security settings;
- Run the installation form and fill in the required data;
- Perform additional configuration of the script in the control panel.
How to quickly put a fence
5 Fantastic water slides that are outlawed
How to learn to knit
Operator MTS Crimea