How to Flirt With a Girl Online
Of all of the ways to flirt with a girl, flirting online is the most challenging. Messages can be misunderstood, humor can be lost, and the experience can end up a disaster. However, with the right tools and understanding, flirting with a girl online can go well and result in continued communication and dates. Having confidence is one of the best ways to get a girl's attention, and knowing what you are doing is one step closer to that goal.
Choosing How to Flirt Online
Flirt with a girl online through an online dating website.There are dozens of online dating websites now, so do your research about them and choose one that fits your needs.
- Look for one that focuses on your particular age group, religious beliefs, type of relationship you are seeking, or type of membership (free or paid). Common online dating websites include eHarmony, Plenty of Fish, OurTime, Match.com, ChristianMingle, and OkCupid.
- Sign up for a membership and establish your profile. Answer the questions about yourself honestly, as this will best help the algorithms of the website match you to girls who fit your type.
- Upload at least one good photo of yourself so that matches can see what you look like.
Flirt with a girl through social media profiles.Social media has become incredibly prevalent in our society, and it has become a common way for people to flirt and find relationships.
- Sign up for a social media account like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- Set up your profile with basic information about yourself and a profile photo.
- Decide whether you want your profile to be public or private. Setting it to private could block girls from interacting with you.
- Search hashtags or groups for things in which you are interested to find girls who have those interests in common with you.
Flirt with a girl in an online chat room.These provide an alternative method of getting to know someone without the distraction of profiles and status updates.
- Find an online chat room that caters to singles looking to flirt or find a relationship.
- Sign up, if required, or simply enter a chat room to begin chatting.
Flirting With a Girl Online
Be confident and friendly when you reach out to a girl.When communicating with a girl online for the first time, put yourself out there so she knows that you are interested in her.
Prioritize making her feel comfortable.Online flirting and dating can feel uncomfortable and dangerous to many women, especially when they do not actually know the man with whom they are talking.
- Respond to her in a timely fashion once she gets back to you. Responding too quickly might indicate that you are too eager, while taking too long might indicate that you have lost interest. It is best to respond within a few hours, whenever possible.
- Focus on learning about who she is and what her personality is like. Asking her about her physical appearance or to send you photographs of herself will give the wrong impression of why you are chatting with her.
- Avoid immediately asking her out on a date or to meet in person. This also might give her the wrong impression and cause her to stop chatting with you. It is best to get to know each other for at least a few days before doing this.
Continue chatting with her at your comfort level.The point right now is to get to know her enough to determine whether you would like to take her on a date.
- Keep the conversation balanced in terms of how much you talk about yourself. Answer her questions about you, and turn the conversation back around to her when you can.
- Be polite and funny, if appropriate. Do not be afraid to make jokes that you find funny, because chances are, she might also find them funny.
Make easy conversation, asking her open-ended questions about herself.
- "What do you do for a living?"
- "If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?"
- "What is your favorite season and why?"
- "Do you have brothers and/or sisters? How many?"
- "What is your favorite pastime with you family?"
- "What do you most enjoy doing with friends?"
- "Which is your favorite holiday and why?"
- "Do you like animals? What kinds?"
- "How would your best friend describe you?"
- "What is your favorite memory from high school/college?"
- "What is your favorite app on your phone?"
Compliment her by making her aware of something you like about her.
- "You have such a great sense of humor!"
- "It's so interesting to hear you talk about traveling. You really love it!"
- "That's such a great book! You have great taste."
- "You have great taste in music."
- "I can tell that your family is really important to you. I appreciate that."
- "It's so great that you're passionate about volunteering. This world needs more people like you!"
- "I haven't met many people who love their career like you do. Keep it up!"
- "You have such a big heart for animals, and I like that about you."
- "You're such a caring person. I really admire that about you."
Start a friendly conversation about something you have in common or in which you are both interested.Ask her some questions to feel out what you have in common.
- "What is your favorite genre of music?"
- "Have you ever been to any concerts? Which one was your favorite?"
- "What is your favorite genre of reading?"
- "Do you have a favorite professional or college sports team?"
- "Have you traveled many places?"
- "What is your favorite type of food?"
- "Do you like to cook or bake?"
- "What kind of extracurricular activities were you involved in while you were high school/college?"
Avoid complaining when possible.Keep the conversation focused on getting to know each other. Say what you truly feel or believe in a polite way, and avoid controversial topics. These will likely lead to a disagreement and a negative experience.
- Do not complain about family or friends
- Do not complain about your job
- Do not complain about other women you have dated or flirted with in the past
- Do not discuss topics such as politics and legal matters
- Do not talk about religion if you are unsure of her religious affiliation
- Do not discuss topics such as environmentalism and animal rights
- Do not discuss topics such as civil rights and women's rights
Avoid asking questions that are too personal.Again, these could send the message that you are interested in the wrong things. This includes sexually explicit conversation. Here are examples of questions that you should not ask while initially flirting with and getting to know a girl online.
- "What is your yearly income?"
- "When were you last in a relationship?"
- "Why did your last relationship end?"
- "How many boyfriends have you had?"
- "Have you ever been married?"
- "Where do you live?"
Use proper writing mechanics while chatting.It is a turn-off for many women to see that a man spells poorly, uses incorrect grammar, or uses too many emoticons.
- Use correct spelling and grammar to the best of your ability. It does not need to be perfect, but making an effort to do so shows maturity and responsibility.
- Use punctuation appropriately. It is possible that she will say something that you really like or find funny, but you should avoid using more than one exclamation point at the end of your response sentence.
Monitor use of emoticons while chatting.These can send the message that you are immature or do not know how to communicate.
- Overuse of emoticons sends the message that you have nothing important to say, or it undermines what you have already said.
- Use of emoticons might send the wrong message, such as indicating something inappropriate.
- Contrary to what you might think, emoticons are not necessary to help someone understand your tone or how you intend a message to be received.
Be mindful of how your messages might be interpreted.Tone is hard to convey online, so do not assume that she will pick up on your intended tone.
- Keep your messages simple until you get to know her better.
- Be straightforward, including when you are trying to make a joke.
- Remember the tips above about punctuation and emoticons. Things like all caps or excessive exclamation points can be interpreted as yelling, for example.
- Avoid sarcasm while chatting online. It is highly likely to be taken the wrong way when used in online communication with someone you do not know well.
- Avoid assuming that she has an understanding of every topic you bring up. The safest thing to do is to ask if she is familiar, and if she is not, then you can explain it.
Following Up After Flirting With a Girl Online
Reconnect with her to send the message that you are interested.A girl likes to have confirmation that you are interested in her, and following up after messaging or chatting in a chat room gives her that reassurance.
- When you get busy with your personal life and cannot respond for a period of time, send her a quick message to let her know you are still thinking about her and will respond more in-depth when you have more time.
- If you are trying to chat with the same girl in an online chat room on more than one occasion, be on the lookout for her username. When you feel comfortable, ask her for her email address for more private and consistent communication.
- Continue to flirt with her online until you feel comfortable enough to take the online relationship to the next step.
Suggest a date in a public place when you are ready.If you are able to meet with this girl in person (online chat rooms, for example, connect you with people from all over the world), then choose a public place to do so in order to make her feel comfortable.
- Dinner dates feel intimidating to some women for first dates, so an afternoon date might be more her style.
- Choose an activity that is laid back and will not add to the pressure of a first date. For example, seeing a local band play or painting clay pottery gives you something else to focus on to take pressure off of making conversation the entire time.
- Be willing to accommodate whatever time she suggests, as well as ideas that she has for what you can do on your date. Show her that you welcome and appreciate her input and sense of security.
Be patient and understanding.If you ask her out on a date and she turns you down because she still feels uncomfortable, give it more time if you are genuinely interested in her.
- Taking more time to get to know her and make her feel comfortable will result in a date when she is ready.
- Suggest moving your conversation to personal email or phone numbers via text messaging or calling. This gives you a new way to communicate with her and help her feel more comfortable.
- Show her that you are willing to wait for her by continuing to chat with her, taking an interest in her life and her story, and showing your patience.
- Be understanding when communication back and forth takes time. She has her own life and likely a job, and if she is interested, she will respond when she has time.
- Be yourself. It is important that this girl get to know the real you and not the person that you think she wants.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Deutsch: , Español: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Português: , Italiano: , Русский:
Video: How To Flirt Via TEXT Message | 10 Texting Tips
The hand may take over from the remote control
Ryan Zinke reportedly plans on resigning, eyes a job with Fox News
Donald Glover Shows You The Secret To Making A Brown Suit Look Cool
Pizza could protect against norovirus
Wildfox Couture Releases a Rainbow-Colored Lookbook for St. Patrick’s Day
The Beauty Products the Kardashian-Jenners Have Recommended in 2019 (Besides TheirOwn)
Season trend: fast food
Ive Dealt With a Rare Skin Disorder All My Life—Heres What It Taught Me About Beauty
Woman Has Horrifying Reaction to Dye Job—And It Was Done at a Salon