How to grow begonia?
Begonia is a perennial plant of the Begonium family. In decorative floriculture use more than 120 types of begonias. All these species are beautiful in their own way. Among begonias there are decorative leafy and decorative flowering species. These plants are very beautiful, their leaves are juicy, have a somewhat crooked form. On the pedicels, they have flowers, both female and male. In the female flowers above the petals, a trihedral seed capsule is formed. Begonias bloom all summer, but if they have good conditions, they can bloom in winter and autumn. In this article we will explain how to grow begonia.
General landing rules
Begonias like gardeners like, because they grow very quickly, from the moment of planting to the appearance of the first color, it usually takes 3 months. In order for flowers to please the eye at the beginning of summer, they should be planted in March. This process usually requires no special skills and knowledge. They plant material in the boxes and baskets in which it should grow, and also in special peat pots, which will then be transplanted to a place of permanent growth.Keep begonias can be at home, and can be planted on their own land. There they will take root perfectly, and throughout the summer they will bloom.
Begonia should be planted in fertile soil. There must be good drainage, and peat has been added to the soil. It is necessary to constantly moisten the soil. They do not like begonias, even light frosts, so they can be planted on open flowerbeds only when the period of frosts is over. The plant can be taken out in containers on the street, but if there is the slightest threat of cooling, you must immediately bring them into the room. To the light, begonias are not demanding, it is preferable to plant them in areas of the garden that are darkened. Keep them better in the north side of the room.
Growing begonias from seeds
Only two types of begonias can be grown from seeds: ever flowering and decorative flowering. Seeds propagate varieties of begonias, transmitting their varietal quality. This plant has very small seeds. Only 0.2g of seeds will be needed to grow a thousand pieces of begonias. Favorable time for disembarking is February. With such a plant, the plant will have time to get stronger until autumn.How to grow begonia from seed?
- Begonium seeds are sown in containers with a mixture of peat, sand and leafy earth, the ratio will be 1: 1: 2. Sprinkle the seeds should not, they just need to roll in lightly.
- Containers with sown seeds are covered with glass, film or plexiglass on top, in order to preserve moisture.
- The air temperature in the room where begonia seeds are sprouting should be around 20-22 degrees.
- Watering crops should be very careful, since small seeds can be washed off with water. Watering should be carried out with a pallet, you can drip by means of a spray.
- Begonias sprout a week after planting. Many sprouts will rise, they will all be of different sizes.
- After the appearance of the first shoots, you need to start raising the glass for 30 minutes a day, the plant should adapt to the air.
- After 2-3 weeks it is necessary to dive begonia sprouts, 2x2 centimeters scheme. The dive is done very carefully, because the begonias are very tender shoots, it is very easy for them to break the stalks and roots. At the time of the 1st dive, the shoots should have one true leaf each, if the begonia was everglowed, then 2 leaves each.
- The soil for seedlings is also prepared as a mixture for sowing, the temperature drops to 18 degrees. After a month, seedlings can be planted in pots or a container to a place of constant growth. Young begonias will bloom in the first year.
Growing begonias from tuber
- Let's learn how to grow a tuberous begonia. Buy in the store such tubers, which already have small sprouts.
- Houses are laid out on a wet cloth in a warm bright place.
- After that they wait for the small roots to appear in the tubers.
- Once this has happened, they are planted in pots not deeply, 1-2 cm from the top of the tuber of the begonia.
- After the end of frost, around the beginning of June, you can plant begonia tubers in the garden, burying a container with begonia in the ground.
- As soon as the first autumn frosts appear, this container should move into the room. Stems should be removed, the container in which the begonia tubers are located must be placed in a cool place, for example, near the loggia. Tuber should be stored in this place all winter, it should not be watered.
- At the end of winter, as soon as the first sprout appears, the tuber should be partially freed from the ground in order to achieve better germination.The tuber should again be covered with earth as soon as a few sprouts appear in the begonia.
- Begonias cleaned of residual old roots, planted in pots or boxes. After that they need to be put on a sunny place, watering to organize a permanent. The top of the tuber does not fall asleep. A lot of sprouts will appear in 2-3 weeks.
- If the height of the shoots is no more than 5-6 cm, the tuber can be cut into pieces. The slices are sprinkled with crushed coal, dried and again placed in boxes or special pots for germination.
Now you know absolutely everything about how to grow begonia yourself and what methods of planting for this apply.
Rare shots of Natalia Vodianova with children
How to build a house cheap
Weather in Sochi for April 2017 - daily accurate forecast from the weather center. What will be the temperature of the water off the coast of the resort at the beginning and end of April
How to cook vinegar
How to open the keyboard
How to sell online
What is dll