How to increase cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a blood lipid that is present in the cells of all living organisms. We get twenty percent of cholesterol from food, and eighty percent is produced by the liver, kidneys, sex glands, adrenal glands and intestines. Cholesterol protects our body from cancer and also plays an important role in the work of various organs.
- High density - “good” cholesterol
- Low Density - Bad Cholesterol
High-density cholesterol helps move fats, including total cholesterol, between cell groups. It eliminates the body of excess cholesterol, moves cholesterol from the heart muscles and blood vessels to the liver, where it is processed into bile. Just this cholesterol should be raised.
Low-density cholesterol transports total cholesterol to organs and tissues. It can settle on the walls of blood vessels, forming plaques. The level of this cholesterol must be lowered. How to lower cholesterol, you can learn from our article What foods reduce cholesterol.
Danger of lack of cholesterol
Usually we are advised to lower cholesterol in the blood. You can read about it in the article How to lower cholesterol. But there is also the danger of too low cholesterol. If we compare the mortality rate of people with high cholesterol and low, then in the latter case, the death occurs more often three times.
Lack of cholesterol can cause the development of the following diseases and negative consequences:
- Severe depression and anxiety, aggression, since cholesterol is responsible for the production of various hormones, including hormones, which fight stress;
- Decreased libido and infertility. Cholesterol is responsible for the production of vitamin D, which affects the ability to conceive;
- Hemorrhagic stroke;
- Risk of developing diabetes;
- Lack of nutrients;
- Chronic indigestion;
- Alzheimer's disease;
- Memory impairment
Why cholesterol goes down
Causes of cholesterol lowering:
- Severe anemia;
- Pulmonary tuberculosis;
- Heart failure;
- Acute pancreatitis;
- Liver damage;
- Various infections;
- Compliance with starvation diets;
- Extensive burns;
- Genetic predisposition;
- Chronic stress;
- Some types of drugs.
In addition, lower cholesterol is observed in people with improper fat absorption, as well as those who eat large amounts of foods high in fat and low in carbohydrates. Foods high in sugar also lead to lower blood cholesterol.
How to raise cholesterol: proper nutrition
What makes cholesterol go up? Of course, it is connected with nutrition. To normalize the level of cholesterol in the blood must adhere to proper nutrition. Be sure to reduce the consumption of sugar, cereals and bread, alcohol and pasta.
And include in your diet foods that increase cholesterol.
- Fish (salmon, herring, mackerel, tuna, sea bass, sardines, halibut), flax and sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, olive oil, nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, cashews, almonds). These products contribute to the normalization of cholesterol metabolism, as they contain many omega-3 fatty acids.
- Beet Juice. It supports the work of the gallbladder, and bile plays a big role in fat metabolism.
- Egg yolks, butter, caviar, beef brains, lard, beef liver.These products are necessary to normalize the work of the intestines, to maintain a certain level of nutrients in the body due to the intake of dietary cholesterol.
- It is useful to use as often as possible a salad of white cabbage, bell pepper and celery, seasoned with olive oil, as this salad contains a lot of vitamin C, which regulates the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- A good tool is also a carrot diet. The essence of the diet is that every day you need to eat fresh carrots and drink freshly squeezed carrot juice, preferably with green onions, celery and parsley.
- Green tea is very useful, as the polyphenols contained in it reduce the level of total cholesterol, and increase the level of high-density cholesterol. It is also advisable to drink cranberry juice or juice.
What else cholesterol rises from? In addition to the use of certain foods, you must stop smoking: because of nicotine, the level of good cholesterol is reduced. And still it is necessary to include physical activities - daily exercise or just a long walk will increase your good cholesterol.
Methods to identify the main trend in the bidding
What concrete is best used for the foundation of the house
Turning an old car into a stylish
What color suits me
Lingerie for the wife
Labor Exchange: what documents are needed
How to get rid of the habit of being late
What to give for the New Year