How to make a portfolio?
The word portfolio was formed from the English word portfolio, that is, a folder or briefcase with documents. Today, a portfolio means a list of jobs, achievements, skills, knowledge and skills of a specialist. A portfolio must convince a potential client or employer to work with you. Consider how to make a portfolio.
What does the portfolio include?
Typically, a portfolio includes a resume, which contains information about education, skills and work experience, a list of previous jobs, recommendations from clients and employers, professional awards, winning competitions, additional skills. Consider and find out how to arrange a portfolio.
Portfolio is your business card where you collect samples of your work. To search for work through the Internet - this is the most important component. The employer, not seeing you, but after reading your portfolio, can understand whether you are suitable for him or not. From the portfolio, he can learn about your professionalism and experience, look at your previous work and draw conclusions.Thus, a lot of time, nerves and energy is saved, at customers and at yours. The employer will contact you only if you are suitable for him, and he is ready to give you an order.
The main objective of the portfolio is to create the best impression of you at the customer. And the customer is interested in quality, price and experience, reviews from other employers will not be superfluous. Therefore, creating a portfolio, it is important to remember these points.
The portfolio should disclose all your experience in the chosen direction, because it is the main requirement of all employers. Therefore, it is important to choose for the portfolio only your best work. You should not overload the portfolio with links to your work, it is better to note in the portfolio that, if necessary, you can send more examples of work. This approach will appeal to the customer, because being able to conduct a business conversation is also not superfluous.
You can positively highlight the reviews of your work on any sites or forums. In addition, if your work is mentioned in newspapers or magazines, it will also distinguish you from among other applicants. It is worth mentioning about your education.
Portfolio compilation is like a presentation of your services for a copywriter.
How to make a copywriter portfolio? The main goal of the portfolio is to attract a potential customer. For many customers, a portfolio is the main indicator of a specialist, and they do not take into account reviews and ratings.
Of course, the work will tell about you more than reviews and ratings. And according to your work, the customer will immediately understand whether you are suitable for him or not. To create an attractive and demonstrative portfolio, you need to apply at least seven techniques.
- Number of works Everyone knows that quality, not quantity, is important. But many beginning authors add almost all their works to their portfolio. No need to place everything there in a row, it is better to choose some beautiful, in your opinion, works.
- A variety of topics. You should not mix in the portfolio monotonous articles and articles of one subject. Better be diverse and prove that you are able to write different articles.
- Popularity themes. Copywriting is money making, so we enter into market relations with the existing laws. Experienced authors know that among a variety of topics, there are a dozen popular and common topics on the web. Therefore, the presence of articles on popular topics in the portfolio are required.
- GenresIt is also important to show the customer completely different genres of writing articles. The more a performer can do, the more respectful customers are to him. You can put in the portfolio of commercial proposals, texts on the main pages of sites, press releases, poems, interviews and so on.
- Independent work. If you do not have a large number of examples of your work, then do not despair. Write articles of popular genres and topics. On the network you can find many sites for placing their texts. No need to be lazy to write for free, because you are doing this for your future success.
- Headlines. Each work in the portfolio has its own name. But do not call the title of the article itself. Greater effect can be achieved if you call the work on its subject and genre, because that's how customers are looking for good examples in your portfolio for similar genres and topics.
- Text winners. From time to time contests for copywriters are held on various resources. Not only on content exchanges, but also on various blogs and forums. Therefore, it is necessary to follow. If you have a prize-winning article in your portfolio, then customers will respect you, because it is more pleasant to work with winners and leaders.
First Grader Portfolio
At the moment there are no strict rules on how to arrange a first-grader's portfolio. Usually the section names are called teachers. If the teacher did not give any recommendations, then it is worthwhile to approach this from the creative side. The portfolio should include several sections. But parents of first graders do not always know how to arrange a portfolio and what exactly to contribute there: creative works or educational achievements. Perhaps, in the third grade, your child will want to go to an art school, then photos of plasticine sculptures, his drawings and participation in art contests will be very useful to you. Well, if your child decides to go to a math class, then samples of perfectly completed classwork for the first class will be more useful.
In addition to creative and school work, parents contribute to the portfolio moments from school life (photos of a child’s rest, children's stories about the class and family). But most often the school portfolio has a title page (contact information, student portrait, his name and surname), content and several sections (my world, my studies, my work, my achievements and so on).
Sections of a first-grader portfolio:
- “My World” - here you can find information that is interesting and important for a child. Some post here information about the baby's name and its meaning, information about famous people with the same name.
- "My family". Here you need to tell about the family, the origin of the surname, talk about households.
- "My city". Here you can describe the small homeland of the child, attach the route from school to home.
- "My studies". Each item is allocated a separate sheet. Here you can add successful tests, interesting reports, reviews of the books read.
- "My social work." These are thanks for reading a poem on a ruler or for participating in a school play.
- "My art". Here are placed photos of handicrafts and paintings, information about exhibitions and competitions in which the child participated. If events were covered in newspapers or magazines, then add to the portfolio of newspaper clippings or a printed article from the Internet.
- "My impressions". These are the most vivid impressions of the baby. Photos and stories about visiting theaters, museums and other cities.
- "My achievements". This is a piggy bank of official documents.
In addition to these sections, there may be others.
The title page of the first-grader portfolio
How to make a title page? On the Internet you can find a variety of templates for the title page of the portfolio, but the main thing is that it says: “Last name and patronymic of the student”, his contact details, date of birth and portrait photography.
The tribe of cannibals and the tribe of good people: a mystery with fatal outcome
Useful properties and methods of using castor oil
How to become a monk
How parrots hatch eggs
The rule on pre- and ad
A simple way to make a natural wood floor by yourself
How to cure recurrent thrush