How to perform drop sets?
A tight body and relief muscles are a dream for many. But to dream is not enough, you need to be active. Will help to achieve the results of proper training. For example, drop-sets, if properly performed, will significantly increase muscle mass.
What is it?
If you heard the word "drop-set", but do not know what it is, then first find out the essence of this concept. "Drop" - reset, "set" - assign or add (in this case, the word means "approach"). That is, a drop-set is an exercise with weight loss in the process of implementation, which is most often used in strength sports, for example, in bodybuilding.
It may consist of two or more sets. The first set is performed with the maximum burdening and literally to the point of muscle failure, that is, until the moment when the exercise seems impossible. Then the weight is reduced, and the exercise is again performed to failure.
Weight decreases by an average of 20-25%, it is such a reduction will reduce the load, but at the same time provide the muscles, tired after the first set, tension and full development.
What are the?
There are several types of drop sets:
- The first is classic or double. It consists of only two sets, the weight is reduced only once per exercise. In this case, the reduction may be 20-50%. With a more significant reduction in the load will be less, and the number of repetitions - more.
- Triple drop-set includes three sets and two weight loss. Burden at a time should be reduced by 20-25%.
- Four-drop-set consists of four sets, and the mass is reset three times (20%).
- Drop superset. A superset is a series consisting of two different exercises in which nearby muscles are used, that is, antagonists (those muscles that perform the opposite of each other), which include, for example, triceps and biceps, latissimus dorsi and pectoral muscles. So, when performing a drop superset, a superset is performed with the maximum burden, then the weight is reduced for each exercise of the series, and the set is executed again. This option is quite complicated, but it allows you to achieve maximum results.
- Reverse drop set. If in the classical version the weight decreased, then in this case it increases. That is, the first set is performed with the minimum burdening (about 20-40% of the maximum mass), then the weight increases by 20-25%, but the number of repetitions decreases.Then the mass increases again, and the number of repetitions decreases.
- The combined drop-set is similar to the drop-superset. But if in the latter, antagonist muscles are involved in the exercises, then the combined version involves a combination of two different exercises that allow you to work out one muscle group. Weight will decrease for each exercise.
- The forced drop-set is similar to the classic, but differs from it in almost total absence of rest. In most cases, you need help mate, which will reduce weight (for example, remove the discs from the rod or change the position of the simulator).
- Progressive drop-set requires maximum training. First, a warm-up is required that will warm up the muscles and avoid injuries. Then a working approach is performed, that is, with a normal working weight and with the usual number of repetitions without a muscle failure. This is followed by a slight increase in weight and a triple drop set. And after a rest and another mass increase, a quadruple drop set is performed.
What can give a drop-set?
So, what can give a drop-set?
- Increased muscle mass.If you do the exercises in the usual mode, the muscles will get used and simply will not increase. For significant growth requires an unusual or so-called shock load. With it, the blood flow to the muscle fibers increases, they get more nutrients and, therefore, work in full force and grow.
- Increase stamina. When performing drop-sets, the muscle fibers that are responsible for endurance work, as a result of which the muscles become more resistant even to increased loads.
- Increase strength. Maximum load allows you to work out the muscles as much as possible and causes them to develop.
Who will use such training?
Drop sets are more suitable for professionals or “advanced” amateurs, in other words, for people who have certain physical training and developed muscles. But beginners, if they can perform such exercises, will either do it wrong (and this will reduce the effectiveness of the drop-set), or they will injure muscles or joints.
As for sex, the exercises are suitable for both men and women. But since the latter do not require a significant increase in muscle mass, the burden should not be maximized. In addition, you should not work to failure of the muscles.
How to do?
How to perform drop sets? A few basic rules:
- In fact, any exercises with burdening will be suitable, for example, such as traction on a simulator, bench press, bench press, extension of hands with dumbbells. They can be carried out both on power trainers, and with a barbell or with dumbbells. When performing exercises with a simulator or with a barbell, the help of a partner may be required.
- Training, including drop-sets, should not be too frequent, as the shock load will exhaust muscles and literally burn them. In addition, after such a shock, muscle tissue will take time to recover (otherwise the risk of injury will increase). It will be enough 1-2 times a month.
- Training can not and should not consist of one drop-sets. The best option is to use a drop-set as a binding or some kind of addition. So, if you perform several exercises on one group of muscles, then it is better to use a drop set for the latter (preferably basic). Then either finish the workout, or start using another muscle group. In this case, it is better to include only one drop-set per muscle group in the training, otherwise you will get overwork.
- Start with a double drop-set, this is the easiest option. Then go to the triple, and then - to the quad. The load should grow gradually.
- Muscles should be heated, but not tired. So, it's best to warm up first, then do some work exercises, and then go to the drop set. Further training can be continued.
- The number of repetitions will depend on the training of the student and on his physical abilities. It is worth working to failure, but this does not mean that you need to exhaust yourself.
- Rest should be short. Its maximum duration is 15-20 seconds.
Successful and productive training you!
How to draw an angel step by step
Anna Semenovich told what girls envy
How to connect a wireless network
How to write a student profile
How to make a whistle with your own hands
How to make a chebbi chic easter egg
What is marasmus