How to treat fish?
The condition of the fish living in an aquarium depends on the conditions in which they live. In the aquarium should be created optimal conditions for living fish. Should be provided: a sufficient level of filtration of water, filling it with oxygen, timely replacement. Much depends on the quality of the water itself. If the conditions of the fish are violated, they can get sick. When the owner notices any symptoms of the disease in the inhabitants of the aquarium, he must urgently take action and begin treatment. This article will tell you how to treat aquarium fish.
Not only the improper maintenance of the aquarium can lead to viral diseases of fish. An important role is played by the compatibility of individuals contained in the same aquarium. After all, what suits one fish may not fit the other. Even before buying an aquarium and its inhabitants, this question must be taken into account.
Viral diseases of fish:
- exophthalmia or septicemia;
- unidentified filtered viruses.
Let us dwell on the causes of diseases and their treatment:
- Symptoms of edema are fluid-filled tissues and swollen body (especially the abdomen). East African cichlids usually suffer from this disease. Causes its inappropriate level of salt in the water. But the cause may be improper feeding or some other factors. Before you treat fish, you need to eliminate the cause of the disease.
- A swollen abdomen and puchitis appear in fish suffering from septicemia or exophthalmia. Observed blood infection. How to treat: eliminate the cause of the disease, that is, improve the level of fish.
- Lymphocystis is manifested by the appearance of clusters of whitish globules, ulcers appear on the integuments. Treatment: sick fish immediately isolate. Add levometsitin to water, at the rate of 2-3 grams per 100 liters of water.
- unidentified filtered viruses cause focal hemorrhages and boils on the body of the fish. It is treated: intramuscular injections and the addition of levometsitin to the feed, 2 grams each.
Fish viral diseases often disappear on their own.
Consider how to treat fish for bacterial diseases. Bacteria multiply in water that contains a lot of organic matter.In such an aquarium, the immunity of the fish is weakened, so they easily fall ill. These diseases are dangerous to humans, so cleaning the aquarium without gloves is dangerous, especially if there are wounds on the hands. It is also dangerous to suck out water from a hose. You can not constantly treat these diseases with the same antibiotic. Bacteria develop a habit for it, and they continue to multiply.
Diseases related to bacterial:
- Tuberculosis. On the body of the fish bleeding sores, eyes are glass and bulging, scoliosis and exhaustion appear. During treatment, one gram of rimphopicin or kanamycin is added to the food.
- Enteritis. The fish begins to darken, the anus reddens and swells. How to treat: 40 mg oxytetracycline per 1 liter of water; sulfamerazine sodium at 50mg / l, from 6 to 15 days; Sulsin added to feed at the rate of 10 mg per 1 kg of fish mass for 6 days.
- Fin rot. The fin loses its rigidity and shape. May occur due to poor water quality or due to a normal injury. Treatment: eliminate the cause of the disease.
Consider how to treat fish for fungal diseases. The fungus occurs where a favorable environment has been created for it.It can be frequent temperature drops, dead fish remains not cleaned in time.
Diseases caused by fungi:
- Ichthyosporidiosis. This disease develops in the internal organs, so it does not appear for a long time externally. Then the fish begins to lose weight, a bug-eye appears, the scales heaves up. The color darkens, the coordination of movements is disturbed, the mouth becomes inactive.
- When treating, phenoxetol is used for 2 days at 50 cm3 / l; quinine, trypaflavin, nystatin, rivanol and griseofulvin add to the feed at 1 mg / g; polymyxin B; amicazole; levorin; amphoglucamine.
- Branchomycosis or gill rot. On the gills appear blue-red-white spots, the covers change shape. The fish tries to be closer to the surface of the water.
How to treat: to increase the change of water; add a collargol on 01,1mg / l; griseofulvin at 10mg / l; nystatin 25 thousand units / l for a week; rivanol 2 mg / l, 12 days; formaldehyde in 1 ml per 10 liters - up to 45 min.
Consider how to treat semolina in fish. Sometimes white dots appear on the bodies of fish, which resemble semolina. This disease is called ichthyophthiriosis. In common "semolina". It is dangerous in that it spreads very quickly from one fish to another and can destroy all the individuals contained in the aquarium.
It is necessary to carefully monitor the condition of the fish and take action when the first grains appear, not waiting until they cover the whole body completely. The behavior of sick individuals becomes atypical: they rub against plants and the ground, draw in fins, refuse to eat, become fearful.
- Add salt to the water and raise the temperature to 28-32 degrees.
- The use of chemicals. These include: formalin, blue vitriol, potassium permanganate, malachite green. But we must remember that these substances cause harm to other inhabitants of the aquarium. Plants, snails, shrimps can suffer.
Which ceilings to choose
What is a dream?
How to download Opera for free
Where is Dzerzhinsk
What is included in the work experience
What car to buy for 250000
Choosing a credit card