How to wash stains from gouache?
Drawing is an indispensable element of the full development of the personality of any child. At the same time, it doesn’t matter how well the masterpieces of young artists look good from an adult point of view. Paper and gouache is a wonderful way to develop imagination, self-expression and splashing out excess emotions. That's just often colorful divorces are not only on the canvas, but also on the kids clothes. Therefore, many moms are interested in the question of how to wash out gouache paints?
Some useful tips
In order to achieve the most effective result when removing gouache stains from clothes, you need to understand what this paint is. In the classic version it is whitewash and glue base, therefore all manipulations on the elimination of stains must be carried out in cold water, the temperature of which is not higher than 30 ° C. Otherwise, the glue thickens, and its adhesion to the fabric becomes even stronger.
In addition, modern paints contain other ingredients, for example, binders and synthetic mixtures of pigments.Depending on their composition, gouache is divided into poster, artistic and fluorescent. Therefore, it is better to use certain solvents that are effective for a particular type of paint to clean the stains. For example, fluorescent gouache is well removed with eucalyptus oil, which should be rubbed into the dirt and rinsed thoroughly.
You should also remember that synthetic fabrics are better cleaned than natural ones. Therefore, choosing clothes for drawing, it is necessary to give preference to synthetic products.
When soiling clothes should begin to wash as soon as possible. The fresher the stains, the easier they are displayed.
General algorithm of actions
In order for the colorful divorces to disappear without a trace, it is necessary to carry out a whole complex of “cleansing” measures:
- First of all, try to brush off any excess paint from the fabric, as gouache often lies in a rather dense layer. In this case, you should not rub too hard, so that the paint is not even more absorbed.
- Wet the polluted area in cold water and carefully lather 72% with soap, leaving 15-20 minutes.After this, rinse the fabric well and evaluate the remaining degree of damage.
- If the stain has not completely disappeared, it is necessary to use a stain remover suitable for the composition of this material. It should be applied to pollution, leaving for half an hour, and then rinse the thing.
- After that, you need to wash the cleaned clothes in a washing machine in a delicate mode. If necessary, you can add "Vanish" or powder booster.
Choosing a stain remover
There are special industrial stain removers suitable for almost any type of material. Some of them cope better with fresh stains, while others are also prone to old pollutions. Therefore, here it is necessary to select the tool experimentally. By the way, even stain removers, designed specifically for removing gouache stains, are on the market today, for example - Dr. Beckmann Fleckente.
But since you do not buy money for every pollutant, especially since their price often “bites”, many housewives prefer to use folk recipes. They say that:
- With delicate fabrics colorful stains should be removed with a mixture of ammonia, glycerin and alcohol, divorced in equal proportions.
- For a natural material, refined gasoline, white spirit, acetone, table vinegar, and even a nail polish remover available in every woman can be used as a solvent. It is recommended to first try it on the back of the fabric, and only then proceed to the treatment of large visible areas.
- For white things, and a simple bleach. But to use it for colored clothing is not worth it, otherwise it runs the risk of losing color.
- Any kind of fabric, except delicate, is well influenced by a mixture of oxalic acid and ammonia, diluted in an equal proportion. With its help, with the same success it is possible to remove the pollution from gouache, both from a white shirt and from colored jeans.
- Another “universal” remedy is a liquid or dishwashing gel that copes well with recent pollution.
Well, in order to make your life easier, you should take care of the availability of special "working" clothes for drawing, or at least wear armlets and an apron during the process.
Do you know what phenakisciscopes are?
What may be signs of menstruation
What does it mean to see a general in a dream?
How to cook volvushki
A few ideas for arranging a small bathroom
Happy Elephant - Cushion