Interesting fish dishes
Fish dishes are useful and appetizing, especially if you cook them from noble varieties of fish. And what can be made of chum?
How to choose such a fish?
To make any dish tasty, you first need to choose the right ingredient. When buying, be guided by the following criteria:
- The size and weight of the carcass. This slave is quite large, and the weight of one adult carcass can reach 5-9 kilograms. Such chum salmon will have oily flesh and rich taste.
- Smell the fish. It should have a pleasant sea smell. If it is unpleasant and gives away with rottenness or something chemical, then either the keta is stale or the unscrupulous suppliers “stuffed” it with artificial additives that retain a bright shade and other inherent qualities.
- Estimate the color of the pulp. It differs from other varieties of red fish quite a rich shade. So if the color is pale or interspersed, then the fish probably died a natural death or lay on the counter for a long time. The color should be uniform and bright.
- As a rule, freshly frozen keta is found in stores, and if you get this, then the amount of ice should be minimal (by standards no more than 5% of the total mass). If you live near the sea, and you are lucky to find chilled fish, then try to put pressure on it. The flesh must be elastic, so dents usually disappear quickly. If she stayed, then the chum is likely stale. The surface should be wet, but not slippery or covered with mucus.
- Eyes will tell a lot. If they are dull or have failed, then keta is hardly fresh and healthy.
Chum salmon is not only tasty, but also very useful fish. So, it contains phosphorus, zinc, nickel, proteins, sodium, calcium, chromium, potassium, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins E, A and B group.
Due to this rich composition, keta improves brain function, strengthens bones, helps restore the structure of all important tissues, provides muscle nutrition and the formation of new healthy cells, normalizes the cardiovascular and nervous systems, strengthens bones, slows down aging processes and neutralizes the destructive effects of free radicals, minimizing the risks of developing cancer. The caloric value of 100 grams of the product is about 130-140 calories, which is absolutely not much.And therefore such a fish can be boldly and deservedly called dietary.
Proper preparation of fish
Keta preparation consists of the following manipulations:
- Thawing. If you kept the fish in the freezer, then it should be thawed gradually. First, remove the carcass from the freezer and put it in the refrigerator, then leave it at room temperature. Do not put chum salmon in the microwave or in hot water, so the flesh will lose its elasticity and juiciness.
- Cleaning. To quickly remove the scales, you can pour the carcass with hot water or boiling water, then place it in a deep container with warm water and a small amount of vinegar. Clean the chum salmon directly in the solution, then the scales will be easily separated and will not scatter in all directions.
- If you do not like the specific smell of fish, then you can slightly sprinkle the pulp with lemon juice.
What dishes can be cooked?
How tasty to cook such fish as chum? This can be done in many different ways, and the most interesting ones will be discussed below.
You can bake the ketu in the oven to preserve the taste and benefits. For preparation it will be required:
- one whole small carcass of chum;
- half a lemon;
- some olive oil;
- seasonings, for example, Provencal herbs or rosemary.
Description of the cooking process:
- If the whole carcass, then clean it, gut, cut off the head, wash thoroughly and dry with a paper towel.
- Next, sprinkle the fish with lemon juice and a small amount of olive oil, rub with salt and herbs, leave for fifteen minutes.
- Whole fish is best baked in foil, so wrap the carcass tightly and place it on a baking sheet.
- Bake chum salmon at 180 degrees in the oven for about an hour. At the end of the foil can be deployed to fish browned.
Chicken salmon cooked with vegetables will be delicious.
List of required ingredients:
- 700 grams of boneless chum fillet;
- two onions;
- two tomatoes;
- two eggs;
- 2/3 cup of cream;
- salt and spices;
- some butter.
- Wash fish, cut into slices, season with seasonings and salt.
- Grate the carrots, chop the onion, and cut the tomatoes into slices.
- Grease the form or baking sheet with oil, place half of the onion on the bottom, then fill the whole carrot and chum pieces. Put the rest of the onions and tomatoes on them.Pour all the cream, whipped with eggs (add a little salt and seasonings to the mixture).
- Cook the dish for at least an hour at 190 degrees in the oven.
If you want something exquisite, make a ketu with cheese. You will need:
- 500 grams of chum fillet;
- 200 grams of hard cheese;
- a small onion head;
- three or four tablespoons of mayonnaise;
- three cloves of garlic;
- ground pepper and salt;
- a quarter of a lemon.
- First prepare the fish. To do this, wash the fillet, dry it, sprinkle with lemon juice, salt with salt and pepper, leave for fifteen minutes.
- Garlic chop, pre-cleaned, mix with mayonnaise. Grease the chum fillet with this sauce.
- Onion peel and cut into thin rings or rings.
- In the baking sheet, lay the foil so that the whole bottom is covered with it. Put fish on it, lay a layer of onions on top.
- Cheese grate on medium grater, sprinkle them with ketu.
- Oven heat up to 180 degrees and bake fish in it under cheese for 50-60 minutes.
A few recommendations for experienced and novice hostesses:
- In order for the chum to turn out juicy, it is best to bake it, so it will retain all the best qualities.
- Fry such fish is not worth it, but if you chose a recipe that implies this method of cooking, it is better to roll the pieces in batter, it will preserve the juiciness and prevent evaporation of fat and overdrying of the pulp.
- To make a chum salmon fragrant and tender, it can be marinated before cooking. But do not use fatty and saturated marinades and sauces, the best option would be a mixture of seasonings, lemon juice and olive oil. Leave the fish in this mixture should be literally for twenty to thirty minutes.
- If you want the pulp to acquire a rich taste and pleasant aroma, then before cooking, make on the surface of the carcass several cuts, through which seasonings or marinade will penetrate.
- The flesh can fall apart during the heat treatment process, and in order to avoid this, it is recommended either to salt the pieces or carcass twenty minutes before cooking, or to immerse them in saline solution (a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water). Then dry the pulp and go to the main stage - baking or frying.
If you like fish, then you and your relatives will certainly not leave indifferent mouth-watering dishes from chum. Bon Appetit!
What is a cruise
What is hepatitis
Mini waterfall in the house
Weather in Sochi for April 2017 - daily accurate forecast from the weather center. What will be the temperature of the water off the coast of the resort at the beginning and end of April
Tell me, how can I track my goods well, what I ordered