Sushi and rolls at home - step by step cooking recipes
People who want to learn how to cook sushi and rolls at home, consider this process difficult. In fact, the opposite is true. The dish, the taste of which we enjoy in restaurants, was invented by chefs from Japan, combining tradition with practicality.
Thanks to the original taste, sushi made from rice and seafood quickly gained popularity in the world. Traditionally, the delicacy is cooked by hand, but in some institutions there is a special automated technology that copes with the task as well as a cook. If you think that sushi and rolls are difficult to prepare at home, I will try to convince you by telling popular step-by-step recipes with video tips.
Rolls - a traditional Japanese dish, which is called sushi rolls. Sushi is a strip of boiled rice, to which a piece of fish is tied with a string of dried seaweed.
Having mastered the technique of cooking sushi and rolls, you can use imagination and experiment with the form and stuffing, which will help create unique recipes. It is possible that in the future one of the recipes will become a culinary masterpiece.
Ingredients for cooking
For the preparation of sushi and rolls requires a set of products that are not at home. To get started, look in the supermarket and buy the following ingredients.
- Special rice for sushi and rolls. Sold in supermarkets in packages of 500 grams. Ordinary rice is suitable for cooking, if properly cooked.
- . Thin sheets of dark green color, which are based on dry seaweed. Initially, such a sheet resembles parchment, but on contact with moisture it becomes soft.
- Wasabi. Spicy paste of light green color, which is made from Japanese horseradish. It differs from the usual horseradish more spicy taste. It is better not to eat the pasta with a spoon. When she is in the hands, understand why.
- Mirin. Rice wine used in cooking. If you do not find it, a special seasoning that is made from wine, rice or apple vinegar will do.
- Soy sauce. Shades and complements the taste of sushi and rolls. Before you send sushi in your mouth, it is recommended to dip in the sauce.
- For filling. Cooks use fresh or salted sea fish: salmon, eel or salmon. Various grades of hard cheese, cucumbers, shrimps, crab sticks are used. Sushi and rolls offer ample opportunity for experimentation. Fungi, chicken, fish caviar, red pepper, squids, carrots and scrambled eggs are suitable for filling.
- Bamboo mat. With it, turn sushi faster, more convenient and easier.
Now I will share step-by-step recipes for sushi and rolls, which even a novice cook can master with. I regularly use them for cooking. I hope they will occupy an honorable place in your cookbook.
Classic Sushi Recipe
- Rice - 200 g.
- Mackerel - 200 g.
- Rice Vinegar
- Marinated ginger.
- Soy sauce.
- Sugar and salt.
- First cook the rice according to the cooking instructions on the package. In a chilled rice, add a mixture of salt, sugar and six tablespoons of vinegar.
- Slice the salted mackerel into 1.5 cm thick patches. Fill the fish with rice vinegar and leave for a quarter of an hour.
- Place a plastic wrap on the cutting board, put the fish on top, and then the rice. It is important that the rice layer is uniform. Put the food film, and press it down with something heavy.
- After three hours, remove the film, and cut the fish with rice into cubes two centimeters thick. I recommend to cut the dish with a knife dipped in water.
Agree, in preparation there is nothing abstruse and complex. I recommend serving with ginger and soy sauce. Japanese cuisine lovers eat sushi with chopsticks. If not, grab the pieces with your bare hands.
Sweet Sushi Recipe
Now I propose a second recipe with which to cook sushi with a sweet taste. I recommend serving the dish at the end of the meal.
- Chocolate - 200 g
- Rice - 200 g.
- Sugar - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Liquorice paste.
- Cook the rice in water with sugar and cool.
- Melt the chocolate and pour onto the waxed paper. Smooth chocolate smoothly.
- Put the cooled rice in a uniform layer on a second sheet of paper, sprinkle with licorice paste on top, form a roll. Remove the paper.
- Roll roll on a sheet covered with chocolate and roll into a straw.After culinary masterpiece send in the refrigerator for several hours.
- When the chocolate hardens, remove the product from the refrigerator, remove the second sheet of paper, and cut the roll into slices.
For the sweet version is suitable jam, honey or jam. It all depends on the imagination, tastes and preferences. By experimenting pick the perfect ingredients.
How to cook rolls at home
Many European residents like Japanese cuisine, which brings to life a new flavor of taste along with national traditions. People visit Eastern restaurants and order sushi and rolls.
Rolls are a modified and improved version of sushi. Cooked rice along with fish, avocado, cucumber and other ingredients is laid out on the nori sheet, after the edible structure is rolled up and cut into slices.
In the Eastern cafe or restaurant offer mosaic and colorful rolls, which are served on the table in the form of a beautifully decorated platter. However, it is possible to set the Japanese-style table at home.
- Rice - 100 g.
- Cucumber - 2 pcs.
- Lightly salted salmon - 200 g.
- Philadelphia cheese - 100 g.
- Avocado - 1 pc.
- Apple - 1 pc.
- Rice vinegar - 1 pc.
- Water - 1 cup.
- Boil rice. Ready rice grains should be a bit stiff.
- Cucumber, apple and avocado cut into thin pieces ten centimeters long.
- On the bamboo mat, put half of the nori sheet. The shiny side should look down. Top with a thin layer lay moistened in rice vinegar rice.
- Next, put a plastic wrap on the table, and then turn the bamboo mat on it to roll the rice layer on the film.
- Place the filling on the nori, spreading the sheet with a layer of cheese. Do not overdo it, because the cheese is specific. Then lay out the small pieces of fruit and vegetables.
- It remains to form a roll, twisting the rug. Ready roll cut into pieces, put a slice of salted salmon on each.
Serve “Philadelphia” rolls on a large platter, garnished with ginger and wasabi. I note that the green paste is extremely sharp. Two squeezed peas enough. Do not do without soy sauce, which I recommend to pour into a small plate.
Preparing Japanese rolls "inside out" for the first time started in America. The recipe came up with an American cook,who worked in one of the Californian restaurants as a chef. Delicacy looks gorgeous and helps decorate the festive table.
- Rice - 2 cups.
- Crab sticks - 100 g
- Avocado - 2 pcs.
- Cucumber - 2 pcs.
- Trout fillet - 100 g.
- Rice vinegar - 50 g.
- Tobiko caviar - 150 g.
- Nori - 1 pack.
- Curd cheese, mayonnaise, soy sauce.
- Cook the rice according to the technology described on the packaging, after mixing with rice vinegar. Crab sticks, cucumbers and trout with avocado cut into slices.
- Separate half a sheet of nori and fill it with boiled rice. Pre-lay the sheet on a bamboo mat. Cover with a layer of tobiko caviar. One spoon is enough.
- Turn the rug from the nori and oil it with mayonnaise. Top out the filling, form a square-shaped roll. It remains to cut the roll into pieces.
You have the opportunity to please the household with culinary masterpieces from Japan. Rolls are suitable for both regular dinner and New Year's menu.
How to pickle ginger for sushi and rolls
Ginger is the favorite Indian spice, which is able to awaken the appetite only by appearance and aroma. If you want to plunge into the culture of Japan, without going outside the house, pickle the ginger correctly.
If the menu includes rolls or sushi, take care of this spicy snack in advance. You can buy pickled ginger at any supermarket, but you can make the seasoning yourself.
The classic recipe for pickling ginger
When choosing ginger, be guided by appearance. I recommend to buy fresh root, it is better suited for pickling. Identify a good root vegetable is easy. It has a smooth translucent cuticle, which is easily scraped off with nails.
- Ginger Root - 200 g
- Rice vinegar - 0.5 cup.
- Sugar - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Salt - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Ginger root peel and cut into thin slices. Cover the ginger plates with salt and leave to infuse.
- Make a marinade. In the dishes with rice vinegar, pour sugar, a little salt and mix. Boil the contents of the pan to dissolve the ingredients. Present ginger rinse and pour marinade.
- After cooling, put the dishes with ginger and marinade on a small fire and boil for half an hour.
- Move the contents of the dish into a glass container and send to the refrigerator for six hours.
If you want to get closer to Japanese cuisine, I recommend dyeing pickled ginger in pink with a piece of beet. Put it in a container with marinated spice. Beetroot stains ginger and softens the taste. With the help of beet juice, horseradish and sweet mastic are stained.
Marinade Ginger Alcohol Based Ginger
Some cooks make a marinade based on alcohol. For this purpose, you will need several tablespoons of strong drink, which will change the characteristics of the flavor essence.
- Ginger root - 250 g
- Sugar - 2.5 tbsp. spoons.
- Vodka - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Rose wine - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Rice Vinegar - 90 ml.
- Wash ginger root, peel and boil in boiling water for about a minute. After drying cut into thin plates and put in a glass dish.
- Make a marinade. Mix vodka with wine, sugar and salt, and boil the resulting mixture. In the marinade, add the rice vinegar, mix and fill with ginger liquid.
- Put it in the fridge until the pickled ginger turns pink.
Snack is combined with sushi, rolls, fish dishes and meat. Some kitchen geniuses add pickled ginger to salads to enhance the flavor.
Remember, the unregulated use of pickled ginger leads to bad consequences, represented by problems with the intestine.
In fairness, I note a lot of advantages of pickled ginger. Snack improves digestion, helps to cure poisoning and lose weight, increase efficiency and strengthen metabolism. Ginger normalizes the work of the heart, improves the complexion, removes toxins from the body.
How to eat sushi and rolls
Sushi and rolls are Japanese dishes, which annually supplement the audience of fans around the world. Eating such food involves following certain ethics and rules. If you do it right, enjoy the true taste of food. Otherwise they will not like them.
If a person looked into a sushi bar and made an order, they would bring a cup of fragrant green tea. Usually the drink is served free of charge, but not always. The waiter will put the soy sauce on the table and bring a wet towel. On the table there will be a stand on which you will find a compact gravy boat. It will pour soy sauce and, if desired, add a little wasabi - a national seasoning.
Sushi and rolls are eaten with chopsticks or barehanded. The second option is available only for men. If a lady is surrounded by close people, she can ignore the rule.
Sushi or roll dip in sauce. I do not advise you to completely immerse the portion piece in a spicy liquid. It is better to dip a fish edge or a roll edge. After the whole tidbit send in your mouth. If you bite off small pieces, they will misunderstand.
Immediately after that, eat a piece of ginger. If you do not like pickled ginger, hold it for a short time in your mouth. Ginger knocks down the taste before you try a different roll.
Few people know that it is customary to drink sushi with green tea, which in respected places is served free of charge. The drink improves digestion and does not affect the taste.
If you are going to have a Japanese-style feast at home, you can purchase a home-made or home-made beer. To really plunge into the world of Japanese sensations, you will need a bottle of sake. This rice drink is the best fit in the picture.
I have to wish you a pleasant appetite and say goodbye.
What is the body
What is a bank overdraft card
Why make promises
How to make a plan for the year
9 ingenious ways to use old plastic bottles