Useful properties of wild and brown rice
With the usual white rice everyone knows everything, many regularly use it. But there are other species, for example, wild and brown. And they, by the way, are more useful than ordinary white.
Brown rice is a kind of ordinary rice used by everyone. But the difference is that the shell is not removed from the brown one, into which each grain consists.
The composition of brown rice is very rich and in many respects thanks to the shell, which contains a lot of nutrients. In this sort you can find folic acid, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, a lot of fiber, selenium, zinc, vitamins E, group B. But gluten, which often causes allergic reactions, is not here.
The benefits of brown rice are in its following properties:
- Since the shell contains a large amount of fiber, this sort of rice, firstly, stimulates the intestinal peristalsis and thereby normalizes digestion, and secondly, cleanses the body of toxins, toxins and other substances.
- Cellulose swells in the stomach and allows you to feel satiety. And if we consider that brown rice contains carbohydrates, then hunger will not be felt for a long time even after eating one small portion.
- Brown rice will help to normalize the water-salt balance and prevent the development of edema, as well as ensure the proper functioning of the kidneys. This means that blood pressure will be normal.
- Magnesium will help improve the functioning of the nervous system and increase the body's resistance to stress, as well as get rid of insomnia.
- Regularly eating brown rice, you can improve the condition of your skin, hair and nails.
- This variety helps to reduce the level of so-called "harmful" cholesterol, thereby preventing the development of such a dangerous disease as atherosclerosis.
- Brown rice can be called a dietary product, so it will be useful during weight loss.
- Such a product due to its antioxidant properties neutralizes the activity of free radicals and thereby slows the aging process and protects against cancer.
How to store?
Since the shell of brown rice contains essential oils,It is recommended to store such a product for no longer than two months and in a cool place, preferably in a refrigerator. Otherwise, the rice will become bitter.
Can it hurt?
Harm of brown rice is possible in case of abuse. If you eat it more often three times a week, you may experience constipation, flatulence and bloating. In addition, when eating improperly stored cereals, other symptoms of digestive disorders may be observed: vomiting or nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain.
How to cook?
How to cook brown rice? In principle, it can be cooked just like regular white. But because of the presence of a dense shell, it will be more rigid and slightly unusual in taste. But in order to make it soft and gentle, it is recommended to simply soak the quantity necessary for cooking in cold water overnight. Then the husk will soften, and the essential oils will partially evaporate.
Next you should proceed as follows:
- After soaking, rinse the grits well to make the water completely clear.
- Put a glass of rice in the water (you need three glasses) and put the pan on the fire.
- Boil rice for about ten minutes, then remove the container from the heat, drain the liquid, and rinse the cereal in cold water.
- Cook the rice for about 15 minutes, then turn off the fire, and wrap the pan in a blanket or towel so that each grain absorbs the remains of the liquid and swells up.
You can also cook steamed rice. It goes well with vegetables, seafood, mushrooms and meat.
How much is?
Brown rice is more expensive than white. The price of one package of 1 kg will be about 90-130 rubles.
Wild rice has nothing to do with ordinary white, as it is a completely different cereal, which is a marsh grass. Another name is water bobbing. In appearance, such rice resembles a reed, whose height can reach up to 2-3 meters. Wild rice grains are very different from white, as they are dark and very long, similar to the sticks.
The composition of wild rice includes a mass of useful substances: proteins, B vitamins, magnesium, calcium, iron, copper, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, sodium, and various amino acids such as lysine, threonine and methionine.
The beneficial properties of wild rice are similar to those of brown rice, but there are some that are characteristic only of this cereal:
- Since iron is included, regular consumption of wild rice will help to normalize hemoglobin levels and prevent the development of iron deficiency anemia.
- Phosphorus is responsible for the smooth operation and nutrition of brain tissue and cells.
- Proteins are necessary for the normal functioning of all tissues of the body, especially muscle, which needs proteins more than others.
- The most important amino acids that are contained in this cereal, contribute to the restoration, regeneration and strengthening of all cells of the body.
- This cereal will help to normalize the metabolism and thus will contribute not only to the improvement of important systems, but also weight loss.
- Wild rice strengthens blood vessels and heart, significantly improving their condition.
- Zinc, which is contained here in significant quantities, helps to strengthen the immune system.
Can it hurt?
Wild rice, like brown rice, can, with abuse, lead to constipation and indigestion.
How to cook?
Wild rice, too, must be soaked in cold water and preferably overnight. This is followed by thorough washing, which will remove gluten. Cooking will be very long.
To grains become soft, you need to torment them on the fire for about 40 minutes. As for the proportions, then one cup of rice will require three glasses of water or, for example, broth. You can also cook cereals in a multivark.In finished form, it is perfectly combined with fish or seafood, and with meat or vegetables.
Wild rice is quite expensive. The price of one kilogram of such cereal averages 450-600 rubles.
Be sure to try wild and brown rice and appreciate the benefits and taste!
Pantone named the main color of 2017
What is fungotherapy and how it is useful
How to get rid of lice - effective folk remedies and tips
Why make promises
Intrigues and schemers in the office
What is hCG