Variants of kitchen design combined with living room
The trend of combining the kitchen and living room area has recently begun to become more and more popular: the owners of large and spacious premises and owners of small apartments are taking up such an experiment.
Why? If only because such an interesting version of home design, by the way, that came to us from the West, has many advantages.
- Firstly, this is an extremely original and quite practical decision, which is often decisive for many hostesses.
- Secondly, such a decision is an excellent option for a family that practices regular home meetings with friends, feasts and cozy gatherings. This layout, first of all, is convenient for the hostess herself: she can do the cooking, while keeping an eye on the children who are in the room, communicate with the family, without interrupting the process.
- Thirdly, combined rooms, albeit of different functionalities, always create a feeling of spaciousness, which is ideal for people who do not like cramped, but separate, classic rooms.If you plan everything correctly and wisely, this room is original, practical, stylish and very comfortable. That is why, before you start to combine the kitchen with the living room, you need to carefully work out the design of such a solution.
However, there are opponents of such premises, because such an organization has its drawbacks: first, you need to be prepared for the fact that the smells of the kitchen, even under the condition of the most powerful and good exhaust, will still get into the room, even partially. Secondly, it is necessary to understand that the kitchen is to a large extent a working room, where small confusion is sometimes allowed.
When combined with her living room, regular cleaning will become your eternal companion of life. And, thirdly, it is the doubtfulness of convenience for the rest of the tenants.
This combination is convenient when there are several separate rooms in the apartment, where everyone can rest and retire, but if the room is only one, and then, it turns out, the overall plan is not always a successful decision.
How to zone a room?
If the idea of combining two rooms is very attractive to you, you need to think in advance how to divide a common large room into separate functional areas without using the familiar walls and doors.Usually, the design of the “kitchen-living room” room implies the presence of three main areas: working (cooking), rest and dining.
What techniques can be used to distinguish them so that the room does not look like meaningless porridge from furniture and technology?
- The power of color. Often, a color game is used as a demarcation of zones. For example, the territory of the kitchen, as it is always smaller than the rest, is shaped by more bright colors, and the rest area is calm and pastel, setting up relaxation and tranquility. It is interesting to look at contrasting combinations, for example, a white kitchen and a dark living room, a rich purple kitchen and a gentle sandy recreation area. You can find many examples and photos of apartments, designed by experienced designers that will help you make the right choice for yourself.
- Shine. Another popular zoning device is using light. For example, only spot lighting (in the ceiling and furniture) is installed in the cooking area, and a central chandelier or several floor lamps are installed in the recreation area.
- Facial decoration. Often, when separate areas are distinguished by using excellent floor finishes, for example, in the kitchen, tiles are used, and in the room, laminate or parquet.One material can be used, but different in color or texture. Another interesting solution is to raise the kitchen area to a higher level (for this, you need to organize several steps from the room). These same techniques can be used in the decoration of the ceiling or walls, for example, in the living room the ceiling can be decorated with mirrors or color inserts, and in the kitchen with ceiling panels.
Furniture, partitions, screens - another popular technique for dividing zones in a room. What to use as a “separator”, first of all, depends on the chosen style of decoration.
For example, in the classic version it can be solid partitions, sofas or pedestals. In the style of "eco", "hi-tech" or "Japan" - partitions or screens made of wood, bamboo or even fabric.
They can be portable or already stationary. In modern styles of decorating apartments are often used cabinets that are deployed either towards the kitchen or toward the living room. The reverse side of the cabinet is also usually decorated - with shelves, hooks and other decorative elements, not devoid of practicality.
Often, zoning is used upholstered furniture, for example, a large corner sofa, which gives the room extra comfort and practicality.
True, this detail should be approached seriously: too light skinning can quickly get dirty, so you need to choose non-staining colors or from the kitchen, in addition, set a table or a small nightstand behind the back of the sofa.
Another popular option is the use of a bar. It is multifunctional, saves space, replaces a bulky dining table and creates a convenient place for kitchen utensils.
How to arrange kitchen furniture?
Do not forget to pay attention to the location of the kitchen, because of this will depend on the ease of use of the entire kitchen-living room. Most often, it is installed in one row or the letter "G".
Other accommodation options are possible in rooms with a larger area: “P” -shaped or in two rows, using an additional island, which, by the way, can also act as a separator.
Refrigerator, microwaves and forgiving kitchen appliances must necessarily be installed in the working area, so that the noise of its work and use does not spoil the rest in the living room area.
How to cook delicious and lush muffins
What to write on the tattoo
How to connect a second router
How to connect a wireless network
Peeling with fruit acids
Chicken in pepper
Ascorbic acid during pregnancy
Pros and cons of the coffered ceiling in the interior