What is a starter?
In English, there is the word "start". From this word there was a Russian term "starter". In the literal sense, it means "the initiator launching something."
What is a starter and what does it start?
Meaning of the word starter
The starter, as a device, is present in many mechanical systems. This is a kind of trigger, for example:
- in the internal combustion engine: the starter is a device that spins the crankshaft, which contributes to the start of the engine.
- almost the same meaning this word takes in the aviation industry. The starter is involved in the launch of non-powered aircraft models. Such a device can be both on board and remotely.
- Also, a starter is a mechanism located in a glow discharge lamp that supplies voltage to the lamp contacts. For example, a starter in a neon lamp.
A starter is not only a device, but also a person who is involved in starting something, for example:
- in sports competitions - this is a person who allows the start - during a race or a group game.With his team begins the countdown.
- in the aviation field, the starter controls the launch of the aircraft. At the same time, it can be directly behind the control panel, or watch the take-off from the side.
The game with collectible cards is popular abroad; it is also accepted to call the finished deck for beginners in this game a starter.
How to draw Fairy Tail
What mice eat
How to choose a lock for the front door
9 ingenious ways to use old plastic bottles
Postcard - herbarium
Halle Berry tricked Prince Harry for his school shot