What tourist to do on vacation in Bodrum?
If you like holidays in Turkey, but at the same time you want to see something new, then be sure to go to Bodrum. And so that the trip will be remembered for a long time, first find out how and where is the best place to relax in this wonderful city.
What is this resort?
Bodrum is one of the most famous resorts in Turkey, a real center of entertainment and active nightlife. In general, it is a city and district in the province of Mugla, which is located in the north of the Gökova Bay of the Aegean Sea. Bodrum is 300 km away from Antalya, and opposite it is the Greek island of Kos. Especially this place is popular among famous and very rich people. Celebrities come here, here wealthy Turks from other cities of the country build their villas.
How to get to Bodrum? This can be done on the plane. The international airport is located about 60 kilometers from the center, so that after arrival you will have to take a taxi or bus.
Rest in the city of Bodrum is considered very comfortable, largely due to the favorable climate.And this is explained by the fact that the territory is refreshed by winds blowing from the cool Aegean Sea. And that is why summer is not as hot here as in many other cities in Turkey, which are influenced by the warm and carrying hot air of the Mediterranean Sea. In addition, the city is quite normal humidity.
The weather in Bodrum is quite mild and favorable even in summer. So, in July there is about 28-30 degrees during the day and about 24 at night. In winter, it is about 10-13 degrees. Precipitation is moderate, there are almost no hurricanes.
Where to stay?
The photo shows that the town is located in a trench created by nature itself, and literally all its walls are covered with 4 and 5-star hotels, hotels and boarding houses. Moreover, it is available as an expensive and most comfortable holiday on the “all-inclusive” system (some hotels offer elevators that deliver directly to the beaches), and more affordable options for budget travelers. But in boarding houses the conditions are quite acceptable and even pleasant.
You can move around the city (for example, to the bays and beaches) on the public bus "dolmush", which travel until the evening (and in the "hot" season, even around the clock).And by bus you can get to almost any part of Turkey.
Taxis are also available, and those who have rights can rent a car. But such options are among the most expensive.
What's so interesting?
What to see in Bodrum?
- The castle of St. Peter, which is also called the Bodrum Fortress. During the Crusades, this building served a protective function and was used for defense, and later it became a real symbol of the city.
- Amphitheater. The Greeks who had previously lived on the territory of the city could not imagine their life without spectacles, so they built a theater in Halicarnassus (as this place was called earlier) that has survived to the present day, although it was partially destroyed. By the way, in summer there are concerts of world stars in the open air.
- The Mausoleum of King Mausolus, which, by the way, is the fifth miracle of the world. Nearby there is a park where you can walk to feel like an ancient Greek.
- The black island of Kara Ada. This is an incredibly beautiful place, which is located just a few kilometers from the Bodrum peninsula. Here you can not only enjoy the stunning views, but also feel the benefits of hot springs beating directly from the grotto.
- Gate of Mindos.In ancient times, Halicarnassus (this is the ancient Greek name of Bodrum) was surrounded by a solid wall that protected it from enemy attacks. It was possible to get into the city only through the gate, and some of them survived and delighted tourists.
- Bodrum’s marinas, which were built by sailors from the very beginning of the city’s existence, are considered as a local landmark.
- Bodrum’s windmills are also worth a visit. Some of them were built in the XVIII century and used for grinding flour until the end of the last century. Today, they just delight with their magnificent view of the Turks and tourists.
Things to do?
Variants of classes weight:
- Even if you have been to water parks more than once, the Bodrum water park “Dedeman” will surely surprise you. It is simply huge, and the slides are so long and high that you will have time to doubt that you will end up in the water.
- Be sure to go for a walk around the Aegean Sea on traditional wooden Turkish yacht gulets.
- Almost all types of water sports are available: diving, yachting, windsurfing, paraselling, water skiing, surfing and so on.And even if you are not familiar with any of them, it is never too late to start, and in Bodrum there is everything for that.
- This city will please and even surprise nightlife lovers, because there are a lot of bars, discos and nightclubs. So lovers of peace and quiet rest are unlikely to like it.
- You can learn the history of this amazing place on one of the excursions.
- You can simply enjoy a relaxing holiday on the beach and swimming in the cool Aegean Sea.
- Be sure to visit the Museum of Underwater Archeology, which is located on the territory of the fortress of St. Peter. There are many interesting exhibits that have been extracted from the seabed.
- There are a lot of restaurants and cafes in the city, so you can fully enjoy traditional Turkish cuisine.
- In addition, in Bodrum, you can go shopping, because there are many boutiques, shops, markets and shops, which makes shopping for tourists with any income available.
The beaches of Bodrum deserve special attention, as the city has several quiet picturesque bays with the purest water and white sand. In general, almost all the coast is famous for its comfortable and very pleasant rest.
Most of the beaches are not located on the territory of hotels and are covered with pebbles or covered with sand (these are artificially created areas). In the vicinity you can find such beautiful bays as Ortakent, Gumusluk, Bitez and Gumbet.
A few recommendations that will help make the rest in Bodrum even more comfortable and enjoyable:
- Do not overpay for the "stariness" of the hotel, since a smaller number does not mean a low level of service. It is often even taller.
- It is best to find a hotel in the city center. All popular places and entertainment will be within walking distance. But more expensive hotels are located on the outskirts, although each of them has its own beach area.
- Remember the rules of behavior, especially in public places. So, do not smoke, scream and foul language. In addition, it is desirable to dress decently and with restraint.
- Do not try to bargain with local vendors and taxi drivers, they rarely make concessions.
- It is best to go to this place at the end of the summer, as at its beginning the sea may not be very warm.
How to distinguish real skin from leatherette
What does the name Inna mean
Professions pictures for kids
Which graphics card is better
How to wear a straw hat
Choosing a credit card
Cockerel Goth has black not only feathers, but even bones
Masks for split hair