Why do veins hurt?
The sensation of pain entails discomfort and restrains your movements. Let's look at this article why veins hurt. This problem is uniquely associated with the circulatory system and indicates certain circulatory disorders.
Causes of pain
It is very often possible to hear how people, especially of old age, complain of uncomfortable sensations in the legs. They can break joints, veins or muscles are sore.
- One of the most common causes is varicose veins. This disease is exposed to those people whose professional activity is associated with loads on the muscle tissue of the legs. With varicose veins, patients can not, for a long period, is on his feet. They complain of numbness in the limbs, swelling and pain. This disease is accompanied by inflammation of the walls of the superficial veins, and the formation of blood clots. In such cases, the person experiences discomfort and pain of a pulling character. If, while probing, you find several seals along the veins, this indicates thrombophlebitis.
- The cause can also be deep vein thrombosis. The patient complains of swelling, tenderness during palpation, varicose veins, increased body temperature. You should know that the violation of the venous outflow and the insufficiency of the venous valves, will certainly lead to the appearance of blood clots. It is because of this that pain occurs, as well as swelling.
- There is another reason veins can hurt. This happens due to the release of red blood cells into the space outside the cell. In this case, a vesicular rash appears and tissue fibrinolysis is inhibited.
Why do veins hurt
Considering a diagnosis such as varicose veins, it is impossible not to mention that the disease affects not only the legs, but also the hands. Science knows this disease as Padget-Schretter Syndrome. In this case, the patient has blood clots that are located under the collarbone. And because of this, veins in my arms hurt a lot. Pain has the ability to increase with movement. On the skin of the patient, upon examination, you can notice the vascular network and swelling.
Phlebitis of hepatic venous vessels
This disease is accompanied by pain in the veins of the abdomen, abundant vomit, mixed with blood.With such symptoms, the patient should immediately contact the clinic for surgery. Just call the ambulance.
Pain after injection
If a patient has a vein sore after an injection, then this indicates that:
- The nurse used a blunt or inappropriate needle.
- The nurse chose the wrong injection site.
- Injections were administered several times at the same place,
- The needle was broken during the injection,
- There was no special treatment of the injection site.
If the pain has not passed for some time, but rather has increased, the patient complains of high fever and swelling at the injection site, this indicates a medical embolism. It may occur after the injection of the oil solution, when the needle fell into the artery (blood vessel) and blocked it.
If a patient has a vein sore after an IV drip, pulmonary vascular embolism may appear. It is accompanied by coughing, blueing of the upper body, suffocation. Pain can occur due to a needle hitting the nerve or damage to the blood vessels that feed the nerves. There are cases when pain is felt, in case of piercing a vein through, or not falling into it. And also in inflammatory processes of the veins with blood clots (thrombophlebitis). At the slightest suspicion of thrombophlebitis, immediately make an appointment with a doctor-phlebologist or surgeon.
What does hair consist of
How to calculate a cube
How not to enter the inheritance
What dishes to cook on Maslenitsa
Which is better: Visa or Mastercard
How to get an even complexion